Chapter One: Homecoming

"She's the name on everyone's lips. If you haven't heard her songs on the radio, you've seen her on TV or on every social media platform. The media is in a frenzy over this rising musician. Everybody please welcome Lauren Jauregui!"

Lauren waltzed onto stage in all-white. From her diamond earrings, to her elegant white dress to her heels. She was wearing her signature smirk, dark eyeliner that made her green eyes sparkle, nude-makeup and red lipstick. All in all, she looked like heaven on heels.

The audience was whooping and hollering long after she greeted the host and sat down. Lauren was blushing like crazy, not used to being so fawned over. I mean, sure there were her fans but they were fans. It was different.

"So nice to have you on the show, Lauren." The man said, eyes sparkling with delight. He wore a rather colourful suit and tie, along with thick glasses. He was thin and pale, but his warm features made him seem friendly.

"Thank you, Mr Johnson," Lauren said, flashing him a genuine smile. Stay humble, Uncle Tony had warned her before she went on.

The audience laughed and so did the host, saying, "So polite! Just call me Neil, OK? Mr Johnson makes me feel old."

Lauren nodded, smiling brightly at the host.

"So, Lauren, let's talk about your career," He began, "Did you expect your music to blow up the way it did?"

Lauren laughed in disbelief, saying, "I was more shocked than anyone else, to be honest. I mean, when I joined Morello Records I was told that it would take several years before the mainstream media even noticed me. But after only three years, I was getting my music played on radio stations across the country, I had a bunch of celebrities talking about me — It was wild!"

Neil laughed along with the audience at her humility, saying, "What do you think attracted the mainstream media? I mean, obviously your voice is phenomenal!"

Lauren blushed scarlet and waved him off, "Stop, you're making me blush."

The audience erupted into laughter, as did Neil.

"It's true! You've had sold out concerts for the entirety of this year." Neil said, "Why else would they swarm you like they have? Do you think it's because of your looks, because wow, Miss Jauregui."

Neil gestured to her dress, asking her to stand and twirl for them. Lauren, not being one to ruin the mood, did as asked with a small smile. She wasn't used to people being so doting.

After she sat down, he said, "I'm well aware of how vocal your fan base is, concerning your good looks. Do we have any Jauregui's in the crowd?"

More than half of the studio audience hollered in confirmation. Lauren hid her face in her hands, more than a little aware of how forward her fans were.

"My fans are great — and very forward. They seem to have adopted a naming system for me depending on what I wear." Lauren said, feeling the colour rush to her cheeks.

"Care to explain?" Neil asked, grinning mischievously.

Lauren took a deep breath and said, "According to them, I have two sides: Boyfriend!Lauren and Girlfriend!Lauren."

Neil laughed, alongside the audience, and asked, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, usually at casual concerts, I'll wear a heavy jacket, a crop-top or a muscle-shirt, tight pants and some boots. They call this Boyfriend!Lauren, among other names I won't mention. But when it comes to really important events like award shows and stuff, I'll put my hair up and wear a dress and heels — like now actually." She said, playing with the fabric of her dress, "So I guess at the moment I'm Girlfriend!Lauren."