Broken and Scarred

"You're pathetic" he hissed out at me, as his hand rose before flying through the air and making contact with my cheek. My eyes widened as the stinging sensation that I had become so used to started to set in where he hit.

I merely ducked my head, trying to act as submissive as possible, hoping that, that would be the end of the nights abuse.

I was wrong.

His large hand reached down and gripped at my blonde hair, causing a small cry to escape my mouth as he pulled me upward from the cheap, beer stained couch that I was sitting upon.

"You're a pathetic excuse for a daughter and a mistake!" he yelled in my face causing me to cringe away a little bit.

"I-I'm sorry," I whimpered softly, as I shut my eyes so I didn't have to look at his red face and black eyes that were filled with so much anger.

"You're so ungreatful. I give you a home, I give you clothes and then you go and have the neighbor's call the cops on me!" His malicious voice roared, as his hand came in contact with my cheek again, causing me to let out a small whimper.

"I-I swear! I-I didn't have them call the cops. They did it on their own!" I tried to explain, my voice small and pleading, in the hopes that for once he'd believe me.   

His tongue made a tsking noise in disapproval at the truth I spoke, probably assuming I was coming up with some excuse for the actions he assumed I did.

I felt him lean down until his lips were next to my ear, causing me to tense at our closeness. "You're going to pay," he hissed, causing my to shudder in slight horror at the thought of what he could do to me.

I felt his fist fly into my stomache causing the wind to be knocked out of me and my eyes to snap open at the force.

With each punch, kick, slap, and abuse I received, I felt my mind go numb, slowly shutting down on itself, leaving a lifeless body in its place. A mere rag doll that is broken and scarred.