Chapter 17.

"Claire? Claire wake up... We are landing soon..." Owen's sweet voice rings through my ears like a lullaby.

Claire?! What are you thinking?! You don't say words like that!

My mother's words from the first time I swore (since then I have never sworn since) play over and over in my head.

I rub my eyes open and begin to sit up. I look up at Owen who is staring harshly into my eyes.

"Thank you, but I better get back to my seat." I whisper, thinking everyone else in the plane is asleep. I am very wrong. The vast majority of the passengers are wide awake looking around the plane and talking to people beside them.

"No, Claire. You are not going back to that seat." Owen says harshly.

"Excuse me? I will be going back to that seat, because that is my original seat. And the man who was here must have come back already..."

"Claire, that man who was sitting next to me is now sitting next to the man who was thinking about your chest." I gasp.

"You made him move so I could sit here with you?" Why am I shocked? Why am I angry? There isn't anything wrong with that... If anything I should be flattered.

"Yes. I did make him sit over there so I could be with you. And so what? You are not moving back to that seat." Owen snaps.

"Yes I am. And I am going there now, Mr Grady."

"Are we seriously back at 'Mr Grady'?" Of course we are. I should never have started calling him by his first name.

"Yes. This is a work flight and the relation between us is now primarily work related. Nothing else. And if you wanted it to more than that, then you should have thought harder back when we first met." I stand up but am stopped by a hand on my thigh.

"Owen, please let me go back to my seat." I look over to my seat where all my bags are and see a man sleeping in my seat. I look to where I placed my bags earlier and notice that they are gone. Panic starts to sink in.

"Owen?! Where are my bags? They have been stolen! That man has taken them!" I look to Owen, who still has a hand on my thigh, and notice that he is laughing. "Why are you laughing? This isn't funny. I am already stressed about work and this is just adding onto my stress." I look away from Owen and back to my seat. My heart starts thumping against my rib cage. Panic starts to wash over me. All my things are in that bag. And Owen is acting like this isn't a big deal. But of course he isn't taking any notice of how I am feeling. That is just who he is. An obnoxious and rude man. I don't know why I ever started to like him.

"Claire? Look at me." He stops laughing and his tone is calm and soft. "Look at me, Claire." He repeats. I comply and look into Owen's eyes. I see the calmness in his face and see that he is actually worried. Or... just flustered, or I don't even know.

"Your bags are next to mine in the overhead locker area. I moved them when you were asleep. Don't worry anymore than you have to Claire." He says. I slowly sit back down and seep into the chair. I huff and let out a loud sigh.

"Are you okay?" Owen asks me. Seeming interested in my life, for once.

"Yes, I'm just... Tired." I sigh. I close my eyes and wait for the aeroplane to land.

...

I walk down the aisles quickly to escape from Owen. He manages to catch up rather fast though, to my disappointment.

"Claire? Are you avoiding me now?" He asks. I roll my eyes and turn to face him as I walk to the front of the plane.

"No, Owen. I am trying to get to the boat so that I can get to the hotel on the island and get myself ready to go to sleep. And then I have work tomorrow-" I am cut off by the feeling of Owen capturing my lips with his. His hands wrap around my waist. It takes me a few seconds before I realise that we are still standing in an aeroplane filled with hundreds of people.

"I like it when you rant like that..." Owen's voice is low and husky.

"Why?" I ask. Owen pulls me closer to his body to let the people behind us go through.

"Because then I can kiss you and you can't get angry." He states.

"Go away Owen." I retaliate. I start walking toward the exit and leave the aeroplane. Owen is left standing at in the aeroplane as I walk into the airport and find the rest of the team.

(I am so sorry its such a short chapter, but I am so full with schoolwork and stuff, soo I thought a shorter chapter is better than a longer chapter published in a few weeks. sorry guys again for such a short chapter...

hope you guys like it and yeah. VOTE and COMMENT and SHARE with all your friends. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! <3 <3)