Get Back On My Feet! Chapter Three

Zach pulled me up the next morning. I was a bit tired and wasn't so very happy with having to survive another day. I made myself ready and Zach did as well. I saw a new bandage on his arm, on his upper arm this time. I didn't say anything even though I really wanted to. I looked at the clock, it was one more hour until school started. I groaned. Zach looked at me and opened the door.

“Where are we going... school starts in an hour...”

“We,” Zach began and smiled. “Are going to eat some breakfast.”

“I never eat breakfast” I replied and fell down on my bed. “I want to sleep..”

“Come on.” Zach said and for the second time today he pulled me up and out of our room. He took me down to the ground floor and into the dining room.

There was so a couple of smaller tables on the left that was filled with breakfast food. Such as cereal, milk, waffles, pancakes, toast, bread, milk, juice, coffee, tee... the list goes on. What surprised me a bit was that there was fruits as well. I decided to get some fruit and drink some coffee. Not that I normally drank coffee, I just decided to because Zach said I would get more alert.

Zach told me to come and sit with him and his friends, so I did. I didn't want to feel like a loser that had no place to sit. That was me in my old school.

I sat down next to Zach, his friends looked at me curiously.

“This is Maximilian.” He said. “My room mate.”

A guy with blue hair said “Cool, I'm Jake.”

Jake looked like a “bad ass” with his spiked up hair and all of his piercings. But Jake had a soft side as well and rather wanted to look mean than to actually be mean.

I saw Samantha sit next to Jake, she gave me a confident smile. “What's up, baby? Emilie haven't been bitchy to you?”

“No.” I chuckled.

“Good, or else I promise I will punch that whore to China.” Samantha said and took a big bite from her toast.

“You two know each other?” Zach asked, he must've been a bit confused.

“Um, yeah we met in our eating disorder group therapy.” I explained.

“Oh right. I forgot you had that.” He said to Samantha.

She didn't answer just took a sip of her tee.

I then looked up and saw Terrance look at me. I smiled at him and waved at him to come. I was a little bit surprised to see him here, I thought that he would just skip meals like I did.

He came towards our table and quietly sat down next to me.

“Ooh, the little bunny dares to sit with us!” Jake said and smiled.

I had never thought about how much Terrance actually was like a bunny. He was small and defenseless. The fact that he was scared for almost anything that was bigger than him also matched with a bunny. He was very cute and that day he was only eating an apple to breakfast.

Terrance didn't reply to Jake, he just sat there next to me.

“Hi Terrance.” I said and smiled at him.

“Hi...” He answered with a weak voice and took a bite from his apple.

I already knew that the apple wouldn't stay down for that long. He probably forced it up as fast as he got back to his room. I had only known him for one day but I still knew that he would never keep any thing down in his stomach.