Chapter One

"You were stuck inside I couldn't get you out of this burning house; flames are getting bigger now in this burning house."

It was Friday morning, 9:15 AM; Karen woke up, changed clothes and put a pair of gray sweat pants on and a white t-shirt on.

Then she decided to go down stairs to make breakfast because Jimi and Elijah would be getting up soon. So she was cooking all 3 of them some bacon, with eggs and grits.

About 5 minutes later Jimi and Elijah came walking down stairs. "Smells good Babe" Jimi said.

"Thank you" Karen replied.

Elijah was in the living room watching a Batman cartoon when his Mama called him to come eat, he got up and ran off to the dining table where all 3 of them sat down and ate the breakfast that Karen cooked for them.

Once they were done, Karen picked up her & Elijah's dirty plates and set them in the kitchen sink. Jimi took his plate into the kitchen, where while standing by the kitchen sink, Jimi leaned down and gave Karen a kiss, then he went into the living room.

Karen cleaned up the dirty dishes and then joined her Husband and Son in the living room; where Elijah was still watching the Batman cartoon that was on TV. "What do y'all wanna do today" Karen asked.

Elijah turned away from the TV. "Let's go to the Dinosaur place" he said excitedly. Karen and Jimi quickly agreed. "Why don't you go upstairs and get dressed, then we can go" Karen said. Elijah quickly skipped off to his room.

About 10 minutes later, the three of them met downstairs by the door. "Ready to go?" Jimi asked his Wife and Son. "Yes" Karen and Elijah answered. The three walked out the front door, with Jimi locking it behind them.

Jimi walked to the car, where Karen and Elijah were waiting, he opened the passenger door for Karen to get in, and then helped Elijah into the car. Once they were in, Jimi walked around to the driver's side and got in the car.

He started the car, and drove off, heading towards the Dinosaur place. The whole way there, Elijah could barely hold in his excitement. He screamed happily in the backseat. Jimi looked into the rearview mirror and smiled at his happy Son. Karen turned around and looked at Elijah and smiled.

"Someone's excited" she said, with a laugh, as she turned back to look out the window.

Once they got to the Dinosaur place, the three of them walked inside, holding hands. Once they were inside, Elijah ran around, and played with the Dinosaurs. He was having the time of his life.

After having spent 3 hours there, Karen and Jimi told their little boy that it was time to head home. They packed up their things, and headed to the car. Once everyone was inside, Jimi started the car and drove home.

Back at home, Jimi and Elijah expressed that they were hungry, so Karen cooked some Chicken Strips and French Fries for lunch. The family sat down at the table and ate their lunch together. "Wanna have a date night" Jimi asked his beautiful Wife.

"Yes" Karen said with a smile.

"I'll take Elijah to the babysitter's" Jimi offered.

"Sounds perfect" Karen said.

Once lunch was finished, all three headed upstairs to their bedrooms. Elijah packed his backpack full of toys for him to play with at the babysitters; while Karen started getting ready for her date with her handsome Husband.

Jimi found Elijah waiting for him downstairs. "Ready to go" Jimi asked Elijah. The boy nodded. Elijah gave his Momma a big hug and kiss and then headed out the door, followed by his Daddy.