Chapter 1

*Karley's POV*

"MOM!" I screamed, rolling off of my current "situation", Lane, who was kind enough to let me use her for my, "exerimenting with my sexuality" phase I was currently pushing through, almost literally.. "KELLIN WON'T STAY OUT OF MY ROOM!" I cloaked myself with my blanket and scowled at my messy haired, open mouthed brother who was just standing in my doorway, at a loss for words.

"Me?!" Kellin called out, clutching his chest and gesturing at me and Lane in our current wardrobe. "I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS GOING TO WALK IN ON- ON.. THIS!" He rolled his eyes in exasperation and at the sound of mom's voice calling for him to leave me and my, "friend" alone, he stepped back, eyes squinting at me with distain.

"Maybe mom should come check on you.. I'm sure she'd LOVE to see what you're up to now.." He taunted, and hurriedily closed the door behind him, the quick clambor of his feet going down the stairs to the kitchen where mom had immersed herself in cleaning.

I knew he was being serious, seeing as Kellin and I do nothing but fight and try to screw the other one over, I rolled out of the bed and straight to the clothes that were mine in clumps around the floor, tossing them on in a sloppy fashion, and every time I came in contact with Lane's clothes, threw them over my shoulder into her face.

"Hurry up! Run! Hide! I don't care as long as you get dressed and pretend we didn't just attempt to fuck, OK?!" I shooed her out of the bed and she scampered into my closet as I hastily made my bed, hearing my mom putting down the cleaning gear and slowly heading up with my immature, older brother.

Lane dressed and was fixing her hair as she sat on the edge of my bed and flicked on the TV, changing it to something we'd both be pretend enjoying, while I pulled out a board game to fake play, and plopped next to her, praying the room didn't smell like sex.

We adjusted ourselves and minutes later the door opened to reveal Kellin, back, with my Dragon of a mother next to him, searching over us with a scowl. "What's going on?" She asked, the look of a Hawk in her dark eyes.

"Huh?" I faked, tucking loose blonde hair behind my ear. "I thought you were cleaning?"

She placed her hands roughly on her hips and looked from Kellin to me. "Now Kellin Quinn you better have a GREAT excuse for pulling me from my cleaning to try to pin your sister for something!" She challenged her anger towards him and I took the opportunity to smirk at him as she continued to chew him out.

"Why do ou ALWAYS have to do this? What is wrong with brothers and sisters getting along? I would be the luckiest mom in the world if my kids could get along for even just a DAY!" She groaned and pointed a finger at Kellin. "Grow up, start acting your age. If you want to travel with this band you keep practicing with in the garage, you need to start paying attention to something a lot more important than the things you want to blame your sister for." She crossed her arms over her chest and then turned to me, now giving my brother the turn to smirk.

"Now YOU, I don't have time for all this back and forth taunting, so just.. Stop. With. The. Yelling. I'm getting sick of all of it, and if it continues, you will LOOSE your door, got it?"

I nodded and with one last stare down between the two of us, and a loud groan in frustration, she resumed her way back down stairs to her kitchen cleaning.

"Grow up Kel." I muttered, knowing mom was being silent down there for a reason. "Stay out of my life, okay?" I rolled my eyes under his watch and tossed the game Lane and I were pretending to play on the floor. "You can't keep trying to ruin everything just because nothings working out with you.."

We were all silent for a moment, Lane fidgeting under the akward and majorly intense air that was all too familiar to us, but too new for her. Kellin eventually broke the silence as he was leaving the room.

"Nothings going for me? At least I'm working for something I want, you don't even know what YOU want yet.. AT ALL. Why do you think things like this keep happening? The emo phase, the I wanna be a college graduate, phase, the whore phase, still half gone, and now the lesbian thing? I think YOU need something going for you, besides going to a doctor every so often to make sure you haven't picked up anything from anyone yet." He started stepping out of the room and nodded to me, glaring at him as he exited. "Maybe you should be reealuating yourself, before you tr criticing mine.."

And with that, he closed the door behind himself, leaving to God knows where, with who knows who. I was chewing the inside of my lip and hadn't realized until the taste of metal erupted in my mouth. I sighed, tears of anger threatening to break their way through at his words, but I refused.

Lane was looking at me, watching intently as she tried to decide what to do to help. I was surprised she hadn't booked it for the window in the middle of everything..

Finally, as I was deciding whether to ask her to leave or not, for crying purposes of course, she made the decision for me, leaning over and moving my hair from my face, tucking it all to one side of my head gently, and cupping my face with her delicate hands. She coaxed my eyes to lock with hers, and in an instant the air had changed again and we were kissing, her soft lips pressing and licking at mine, bringing me to another, once again, curious, hot and bothered, state.

I wrapped my arms around her middle and without thinking about it, I let Lane distract me for awhile, whether that was her intention or not, and I let the tears of anger dry up, as new emotions filled me up. Maybe Lane is finally something good for me..

And I let that be my final thought, before picking up where we'd left off.

((HELLO EVERYONE! I know, short first chapter, but I already have a HUGE idea on where I want this to go, so mayybee bear with the short chapters for the first few. They WILL get longer though, and a lot more complex/ in depth. So please! Enjoy!:D))