Chapter 8: Dragons

101 reads . . . oh my gosh. Thank you! It's not much compared to others but it means the world to me. I'm happy to know some people out there are reading this fanfic. So thank you for reading this. You can continue.

***

Everywhere in the school there were "Potter Stinks" badges. From one moment to another, students would be praising Harry or ignoring his presence. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact how Dumbledore was letting him compete in the Tournament even though Harry was only fourteen. I was curious as to how his name ended up in the goblet, but I wasn't mad about him being chosen to be a champion unlike others. I was worried for Harry however. People die during the tasks they're meant to perform. Maybe the Ministry of Magic will make them a bit easy for him since he's so young, but it seems unfair to the other champions.

The first task arrived soon. Fleur, Viktor, Cedric, and Harry would have to face dragons. They'd have to collect a golden egg from the dragon which would give them a clue to the next task. Dean, Neville, Ron, Hermione, Nigel, Seamus, and I hurried to the first task. As we got seated in the bleachers, Fred and George arrived with a case full of their Weasley Wizard Wheezes products. I whistled trying to get their attention.

"I see the beards are fully gone now," I smirked at the twins. I could see Seamus smiling in the corner of my eye.

"Yep, finally," George sighed.

"It's a shame, they were such amazing beards," I joked. "Oh, and be careful. Your products will be confiscated if you're caught selling them."

"Then we'll just snatch 'em back from Filch's office like always," Fred answered as he continued to show a couple of second years their products. I rolled my eyes and waited for the champions to come out.

They brought out a rather intimidating Swedish Short-Snout for Cedric. As Cedric appeared in front of the dragon, his face turned a pale-greenish color. His eyes were drawn to the nest of dragon eggs and bolted toward them. By doing so, he transfigured a rock, making it turn into a dog. Cedric did this so the Short-Snout could go after the dog instead. Running toward the eggs, the dragon breathed fire thus slightly burning Cedric. For a second I swore the fire engulfed him. In hopes of not seeing something so traumatizing, I quickly planted my face into Seamus' shoulder. Seamus didn't mind, if anything, he was completely fine with it. I lifted my head from Seamus' shoulder and looked at him.

"Sorry, I just sorta got frightened there," I mumbled.

"It's okay," Seamus assured me, hardly grinning. 

My eyes we're drawn to the Swedish Short-Snout who was chasing after the dog Cedric had transfigured. Cedric then ran off to safety with the golden egg he collected. I looked at Seamus with a smirk spread across my face.

"Maybe Pretty-Boy-Diggory isn't as bad as we thought." Seamus shrugged, not wanting to admit it.

They soon brought out a Welsh Green for Fleur. She slowly approached it with her wand at the ready. Fleur shot charms at the dragon, making the beast fall into a trance. The dragon grew tired and began to loudly, making the twins cover their ears and yell at the Welsh Green to shut up. Suddenly, a jet of flames shot out from it's nostrils, setting fire to Fleur's skirt. Luckily, Fleur was fine and quickly put out the fire. She finally got the egg and returned to the tents safely. For Viktor, they brought out a Chinese Fireball. The breeds of dragons looked much more intimidating as time progressed. Viktor's first instinct was to blind it. He shot a spell at its eye and the dragon fell over smashing all the real eggs surrounding the golden one. Points were deducted for that. Viktor successfully retrieved the golden egg and escaped. It was finally Harry's turn.

For Harry, a Hungarian Horntail awaited him. Harry shouted something but I couldn't hear what he said. Soon, his Firebolt broomstick flew in. He must've summoned it. Harry hopped on it and tried to avoid the Horntail. He flew off on the broomstick and flew over the stands, making students erupt with cheers. Seamus and I dodged the broomstick as Harry flew over our part of the stands. Harry then quickly swooped in to collect the golden egg but it was hard with the Horntail being so protective over the real ones. Eventually, he had grabbed the egg and flew off. Harry was the youngest champion, yet he finished the task quicker than the others.

Later that evening the Gryffindor common room was celebrating Harry's excellent job in the first task. Even the paintings were proud of him with all the talk they've been hearing about Harry's performance. We all wanted Harry to open the egg so we could figure out the clue to the next task. A loud shrieking noise came from the egg. The noise pierced through everyone's ears; blocking out the sound didn't even help.

"What was that?" Seamus asked loudly, the shriek having an effect on his hearing. "Sounded like a banshee . . . Maybe you've got to past one of those next, Harry!" I saw a slight spark of fear in his eyes since Seamus hated shrieking banshees.

"That was someone being tortured! You're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse," Neville thought. I grew quiet like Neville. He told me that was the curse that tortured his parents, making them go insane.

George told him they'd never torture the champions. After the outburst of the egg, we continued enjoying the party for Harry. The twins then tried making us eat Canary Creams, something they created for Weasley Wizard Wheezes. It would turn the eater into a large canary bird. Neville ate one, not being wary enough of the twins. Despite being turned into a large bird, Neville ended up being fine. I grabbed one of the custard creams from Fred and George.

"How much for one of these? I feel like Malfoy would enjoy a custard cream," I smirked evilly.

"One step ahead of us, munchkin!" Fred laughed.

"Seriously, you're changing her into a girl version of you two!" Dean scoffed.

"Not necessarily. They didn't change me into them, they formed me into them," I explained. Seamus chuckled.

I quickly fell asleep that night from exhaustion. While falling asleep, I thought about how fun I had at the party. Talking to Seamus was probably one of the best parts. We had become close and had a good time. I wished that we would soon have more good times together.

***

Okay, so that was the eighth chapter. If you liked this chapter, vote or comment on it. And also share your thoughts, I'd love to hear your opinions.