chapter four---ABOMINATION

So, after earlier, we had needed to go to the mechanic shop so we could get the car semi-fixed. We had ended up putting the piece that Erica had torn out back in, but the jeep needed a starter now.

We heard the drills starting, and Stiles walked over, but I stayed where I was, drinking a well needed Coke from the nearest gas station. "Hey!" Stiles complained. "Hey? Wh--what do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter."

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has got to be replaced here," the mechanic said.

"Why do I get the feeling you're slightly over-estimating the damage?"

"It's probably gonna run you around like twelve hundred parts and labor."

"Are you kidding?" Stiles demanded. "This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter. And yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

"Do you know what a limited slip differential is?"

"No--"

"Yeah, coming on more like fifteen hundred."

Well, that was just great. "Okay," I stopped Stiles from arguing. "Just finish. I'll be back here." 

Stiles followed after me to the nearest door, and my hand touched the doorknob as he said, "Seething with impotent rage." 

There was something wet on the door, and I pulled it back. "Oh," I said. "Nice. It's real sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here." 

Stiles went to open the door, touching the wet clear liquid too, and then wiping it on his red hoodie while I walked in, closing the door. 

"Figures," Stiles said as he looked at a picture on the wall.

I looked at it. Apparently this mechanic had been on the lacrosse team, like Jackson, Danny, Scott and Stiles were, only back when he was in high school.

I pulled out my phone from beside the door as Stiles was walking to the window wall, and I started to text Scott on how I was gonna kill one of Derek's new Betas--Erica.

But I couldn't move my fingers. At all. Each time I tried, they would freeze, like they didn't want to, or like they couldn't. Then it started to spread even more so into my hands, and I had to drop my phone.

"Stacie?" Stiles said, but then froze when he looked up out of the windows. "No. Hey. Hey!" I couldn't even stand anymore, falling toward the ground. "Hey!"

When he said the last hey, he was falling down too.

I looked out of the clear door on the floor, Stiles crawling next to me and my phone.

The mechanic was on the ground too, and then the thing that was holding the jeep up from the ground was lowering towards him. If it lowered all the way, he would die.

Why the hell couldn't any of us move?!

I barely looked to Stiles. "Stiles, my phone."

He couldn't nod so much, but just a little, and I saw him dialing the number. Well, trying to. Finally: 9. The thing was still lowering to the ground. 1.

"Help me," the mechanic called. "Help me. Help! Help. Help me." The thing was too close now. "Help me. Help me. Help me."

I closed my eyes before I could see the thing crush him to death, and then opened them when I heard the bang.

A lizard thing was looking into the office, letting out something that wasn't a hiss or a growl, but a little bit of both, and if I could've, I would've jumped. The thing was dark and scaly, its eyes yellow and slitted, with black in the middle, like a snake.