Surprise

Chapter 2 SOF

"Lily," Percy called from the door of the cabin.

"Yea?" Lily answered, not looking up from the book in her lap.

"The new guy is awake," Percy told her. Lily turned the page and didn't reply. Percy walked over to her bed where she was reading and stared down at his little sister. "He was asking for you." at this Lily looked up at her brother.

"He did?" Lily asked.

"I know," Percy said bopping her on the head with the stack of papers he had in his hand, "Saving people's lives makes people do crazy things." Lily rolled her eyes and shut her book. Percy walked back over to his bed on the other end of the room.

The Poseidon Cabin's occupants' beds were easily told apart by the added comforters, photo collages and drawings in the alcoves above the head boards, and the filled night stand next to each of them. Their cabin was actually one of the few that didn't have bunks because of the few number of members. The boys had the right side set of the room. Lily and Max had free reign over the left side. At the very back of the cabin was their single bathroom they had separate from the group bathrooms shared with all of the cabins. Lily had taken up the middle bed on the left side that was directly opposite Percy's bed. Max slept on the bed next to Lily that was closer to the bathroom and was opposite Tyson's bed. Jaimie slept on the other side of Percy.

"Is he still in the infirmary?" Lily asked.

"Last I checked," Percy said, "I am going to go for a swim." He dropped his papers on his messy bed. "Tell Jaimie if he doesn't pick up his side of the room I am going to throw all of his junk into the lake." Lily shook her head with amusement and leaned over to slip on some shoes.

There were three Poseidon siblings in #3 cabin. Percy, the oldest; Jaimie; Max, who was only a year older then Lily; and of course herself. The only missing one was their half sibling, Tyson.

Lily called a goodbye to Percy before she left their cabin.

***************************

Lily walked slowly towards the big blue house at the top of Half-Blood hill. She made sure to stop by the volley ball court to tell Jaimie about the threat to his belongings. Many of the sons of Apollo hung around the volley ball court to show off their skills. But today, Jaimie had organized a huge tournament for all of the campers. He chatted her ear off about it a few days ago at lunch. They were in the midst of playing when she walked up.

There was a group of campers that were stretching and warming up for their game off to the side while two teams of six were going head to head. Cheering came from the crowd of campers gathered around the court.

Jaimie was on a team with their sister Max, both of them with dark hair. The biggest difference between them was the incredibly pale skin that Max had. No matter how much sun she got, her sister had perfect porcelain. Jaimie didn't have near as tan skin as Percy and herself but was much darker than Max. He looked like Percy, if not a little gangly. They were both on a team with Leo Valdez, Jason Grace, son of Jupiter, Piper McClean, Aphrodite cabin councilor, and one of the Stoll brothers. The other team consisted of a mix of campers plus the other Stoll brother (Lily could sense a bet that had been placed upon the winning Stoll brother) and also one of the younger satyr.

She watched as Leo set the Volley Ball and Jaimie hit the ball over the net. The other team bumped the ball back. Max bumped it back and the ball landed just inside the line on the other team's court. Cheers went up. Max and Jaimie's team cheered and Leo went around high fiving everyone's foreheads. The other two teams that had been waiting took up the courts. Max saw Lily standing there and walked over to her.