Chapter Five (E and P)

They walked away hand in hand, aware of how proud his mother looked and how relieved his father looked. If they only knew it was all a front. If they only knew that she was an exotic dancer and that it was all a game of money. Nothing more, if they only knew that behind her radiant smiles and joy filled laughs that there was someone in there that secretly wished that this was so much more.

Tyron was living a life she craved, and it had nothing to do with money. No, what she craved had more to do with a support system and love. She wanted her parents and a bunch of siblings. Yes, she had a best sister friend and a grandma. Being around his enormous family made her want more. They were all welcoming her to have what she craved; it hurt to know that it wouldn't last.

Savvy looked up at Ty and felt her knees almost give. He was looking at her strangely, as if he could read her like a book. He had such dreamy eyes. Why, she thought, looking away, did he have to be so fine? His eyes seemed to see right through her, to her soul. So penetrating. He made her feel naked.

She looked at their linked hands, and back at the family, figuring they were far away enough. She let go and felt herself returning. This was just an arrangement, nothing more. She needed to remember that, and that meant knowing when to turn off the show. Even if she liked her hand being engulfed in his, she was smart enough to know not to feed off into it o much.

"Your family is really nice. You all seem very close. It's nice to see people like that." She said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah, their great. They all seem to like you. My mama always wanted another doctor in the family." Tyron said.

"Oh," Savvy said, looking at the very interesting grass. "It's going to suck when we break up. They are all so happy."

"When this is over, you can always keep in touch. Mom likes you and that's saying something. Not everyone gets welcomed like you." Tyron suggested.

"Or," Savvy said grinning, "she's just tired of you being a player and she's ready for you to have some babies."

"That might be part of it." Tyron admitted. "So, will you keep in touch?"

Savvy shook her head. "No, I think it would be better to just stay away. I'm thinking of relocating anyway and starting fresh. We should use that as the reason we break up."

"Yeah, but that's not for a while," he said.

"They don't know that. I start my clinical real soon so...." Savvy trailed off letting him imagine her next words.

Tyron hummed and turned her attention to the large structure they were approaching. "Well, here are the stables," Tyron said, motioning towards a large barn-like structure. It resembles a pavilion. Tyron smiled, as he at her look of excitement "They just got a new light horse stallion a couple of weeks ago. Everyone's still trying to break him in. He's a ruff one, always angry."

They walked inside and she was really surprised at how many horses were in there. There were stallions and a few fillies, from what she could tell. All different colors and sizes, and for a moment she was thrown in the pass to when she used to go riding with her father. Her dad loved horsed, her mom not so much. Her mom would still go with them just to watch him teach her. They didn't have their own horses, but her dad had friends who did, and he had an all-access pass.

"They are gorgeous. I really miss being around horses. I never even think of them much anymore, funny how you dont know how much you miss something until you 're face to face with it." Savvy said dreamily. She inhales the smell of sweet feed, reminding her of childhood and molasses cookies. She walked to each stall, running her fingers over each horse as she walked. Low key, she was in her happy place.