✎ Prologue

Mackenzie laid on her bed and watched outside her window as rain pelted the ground and lightning struck in the distance. She tried to focus on the constant sound of the thunderstorm and not what was really happening aside from it.

Her best friend, Brynn, was leaving Pittsburgh to Florida. It has been completely and truly utterly awful. The two had grow close over the year of 6th grade, they'd were inseparable twinnzies that did everything together.

But it wasn't like Mackenzie could just pack her bags and go with Brynn, (Though there was no doubting the thought in her mind of sneaking into her suitcase) her father had gotten a promotion in his job which required a departure from Pittsburgh.

Mackenzie's blonde friend had moved around her whole life and new this day would eventually come; she just never thought it would be this soon.

She rolled over a planted her had face down in her pillow, a few tears escaping her eyes. No I won't cry. Mackenzie thought to herself.

Brynn was leaving later tonight and Mackenzie hadn't planned on saying a face to face goodbye. After all she has still been mad at her for not telling her since the week before. (There wasn't any time anyway, she was already on her way to the airport) Plus it would be way to hard; and she would probably cry. A lot.

Saying goodbye to someone close isn't easy at all, and Mackenzie would know that for certain.

She rolled over and sat up against her headboard, grabbing her iphone from her nightstand.

Mackenzie scrolled through her dozens of contacts before reaching the one she wanted.

Hey this is Brynn, sorry I couldn't take your call. Just leave me voicemail and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Bye!

Straight to voicemail. Was Brynn mad at her? No, Mackenzie thought, it was just that she had to get her number changed because of the new area code.
But why wouldn't her best friend tell her that?

The brunette tried again, just to be sure. But it had the same outcome. Tears welled in her eyes, she wouldn't be able to say goodbye.

She ran over to her desk to find the piece of paper which held her blonde friends new address. It had been on a sticky note that Brynn had wrote the day before at school and had passed to her during class.

If she had gotten a new phone number, she'd would've told me.

A sudden idea struck Mackenzie's mind; she wasn't able to get to her over phone, but she still had her new address.

Kenzie ripped out a piece of paper from her science notebook, sitting down in her swiveling desk chair.
She grabbed her pencil and began writing:

Dear Brynn,

I'll miss you. Don't ever forget me.

Sincerely, Mackenzie

awh poor kenz :(

yay prologue done!
I'm really excited for this book and I hope y'all are too! Thoughts so far? Do you think Brynn's mad at Kenzie?

This is really sucky writing oops.