Ch.3

Rambling On About Her

After three weeks of moping around and busting my ass to write songs, I finally found time to text my best friend whom I missed very much. I lifted my legs onto my studio desk and leaned back comfortably in my rolling chair, seeing the texts Lauren had sent me.

Lauren: Does this look good for a party?

My feet slipped from the table and I fell out of the chair at seeing Lauren's outfit

My feet slipped from the table and I fell out of the chair at seeing Lauren's outfit. Hell was Lauren Jauregui sexy, the pictures she sent me were privileged and I'd surely end up making a shrine for my best friend one day. After composing myself I thought it over and realized if I do give Lauren my approval a bunch of snotty boys would be all over her.

To Lauren: I can't lie, you're fucking hot but I don't think you should wear that for tonight.

Lauren read my message the minute I sent it but she let thirty minutes painfully pass, letting me wonder if she had actually gone out with the same outfit on. I started getting antsy so I called her, Lauren letting her phone ring continuously until it was almost to late to pick up.

"What can I help you with Y/N?" Lauren formally greeted me and a low growl left my throat as jealousy slowly seamed in through my body.

"Don't think of me as your best friend right now Lauren. Think of me as your very jealous girlfriend. I do not want you to wear things like that when I'm not physically available to pummel a fuckboy to the ground." My voice carried a strident tone but Lauren giggled and shuffled around.

"But you're my fake girlfriend Y/N. It shouldn't matter to you unless.....you're actually attracted to me." Lauren teasingly elongated her words and I banged my hand against the top of my wooden desk. Her reminder of us not realistically being a couple made me catch feelings but I quickly spoke back.

"Lauren almost everyone who has seen you finds you attractive, including me. They only see your looks but I get to see every aspect of you. I get to see your personality and how wonderful your mind is. You're intriguing and I do not want other people taking advantage of you. Lauren Michelle Jauregui, I beg of you, if someone catches your eye tonight, make sure you tell me all about them before involving them in your life." I changed my jealous tone to a calm civilized one and I could hear Lauren smile as she took a moment to let my words sink in.

"I'll change my clothes for you baby." Lauren sighed softly and I scoffed, "Even then I'm sure it won't keep anyone away. You look stunning in anything you wear." I didn't mean to sound flirtatious but my words were true. No matter what I did, it wasn't enough to protect Lauren from getting hit on.

"Lauren I understand you hate when I talk about Selena but it's been three weeks and I need to get things off of my chest." I changed the topic to my crush and Lauren groaned but gave me permission to talk.