Chapter Twelve

Liberty
I sit frozen at my seat as Jeremiah and my father's voices get louder. Trey put his fork down and looks at me oddly. I shrug and shake my head.

"Look who came to visit us all the way from Spain," my Dad says.

Jeremiah steps forward and smiles. He looks brand new. He grew out his beard and his skin got more chocolate. He's obviously been exercising because his arms are buffer.

My mother hands Judiah to me than gets up to give Jeremiah a hug. Antoine gives him a dap then walks to the kitchen sink. I look down at Judiah who has fallen asleep.

My parents talk Jeremiah up but I can feel the huge elephant in the room. Everyone can.

"Hey, Liberty," he says.

I look up and smile softly,"Hey,"

"You look well," he semi-compliments.

"You as well," I reply back.

Awkward silence. I clear my throat," Tremaine, this is Jeremiah. Jeremiah, my fiancé Tremaine."

Jeremiah smiles and walks over to Trey for a handshake. Trey ignores it and nods his head.

"What's up?" He says nonchalantly.

Jeremiah plays it off and wipes his hands on his Nautica shorts. I bite my lip to hold back the laugh.

"Nice to meet you." Jeremiah says before walking over to me.

He sees Judiah and his eyes nearly pop out of his head.

"And who is this?" Jeremiah asks while looking down at Judiah.

"Our son," Trey responds.

"I had no clue you had a kid. Congratulations." He says sincerely.

I chuckle,"Thank you. We weren't expecting him so soon but it's okay."

He looks at him for a couple seconds than asks,"Can I hold him?"

I look up at Tremaine and he shakes his head "No."

"I'm actually gonna put him down for his nap. Maybe later." I say while pulling out of my chair.

Jeremiah backs away to give me space. Dinner is officially over. Trey excuses himself and follows me out of the room and up to my old bedroom. He closes the door behind us and finally talks.

"What the hell is he doing here, Liberty?" He asks as I lay Judiah on the bed.

"How would I know? I have spoken to him for like three years. He's practically a stranger to me." I reply honestly.

He sits on the edge of the bed and sighs. I peek up at him as I change Judiah's diaper.

"You stressing?" I ask.

"Yes. No. Kinda. I don't know Lib.... "

I walk to my bathroom and wash my hands. Coming back to the room, Tremaine has taken off his shirt and is unbuckling his pants.

"Jeremiah wouldn't try anything if he knew better."

"I'll punch that nxgga in the face if he asks to hold Judiah again," Trey threatens.

"Lol. Okay? Relax, Bbbbbaaaabbbbbyyy!" I say playfully massaging his tense back muscles.

"You know I will. I don't like that dude."

"Mhhmm." I mumble while leaving kisses all over his muscular back.

"I'm gonna shower. Wanna hop in?" He asks.

He turns around and begins to remove my shirt. We both need a shower after the trip.

"I'll ask Antoine and my dad to bring up the bags. How you gonna shower without our clothes being up here?" I ask,"You don't even have a towel."

"What if I wanted to be naked with you?" He tests.

"Trey, you already know it's too early for sex so don't." I warn.

He groans,"I need some relief, baby."

"I'll take care of it," I say hinting at head,"But in the bathroom. Not out here with Ju."

I open the door of my room and yell down the stairs for my brother and dad to bring up the bags.

"The keys are on the entrance table!" I say before closing the door.

Trey tugs my hand and leads me to the bathroom. Oh he's ready..

40 Minutes Later-Trey

I lean on the bathroom wall limp and out of breath after Liberty's bomb head.

"You good, baby?" She asks while walking to the sink.

"Yeah. Yeah." I say while walking to her and kissing her neck,"That shxt was good."

I slap her ass and she squeals as she brushes her teeth.

"I'd return the favor but because of your situation..."

I love eating her poonan.

She spits and says,"I know Tremaine,"

I walk out to the room. Judiah is where we left him asleep and our bags are by the bedside. I open up my suitcase and get dressed. I remembered that Antoine wants to play some ball.

"Is he still here?" Liberty asks while coming out of the bathroom and grabbing her suitcase.

"I don't know and I don't care." I reply honestly.

We get dressed and I bring Judiah downstairs with us. The house is quiet but voices can be heard outside. They set up Judiah's pack n' play which is so convenient. I lay him in there and turn on the monitor.

Liberty is already outside and I can hear her voice mingling with the others. I sigh.

"Wish I was you, buddy." I say to Judiah before grabbing the other baby monitor and going outside to the patio.

I make eye contact with Jeremiah and make no facial expression. He knows to back away.

"Hey, you wanna play now? The sun is going down," Antoine asks.

"Ight. Let's go." I give Liberty the baby monitor and follow Antoine onto the court.

Author's Note
Comment, vote, and whatever babes. I'll be waiting to hear from y'all. Lol.