Chapter 14

Today was the day. Today will determine how I spend the rest of my life. Today is the day that I will ask Andrea Nicole Bennett to become my wife. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a nervous wreck. I had to keep my cool today. I had to figure out how to keep Andy here while I went out to the venue to make sure everything was perfect and make sure the florist delivered everything to the venue on time.

"Hello," I said in a nervous voice as I answered my phone softly since Andy was still sleeping.

"When are you going to be here?" Chris asked me, "They're asking me questions I don't have the answer to."

"I'll be there soon. Andy's still asleep. I'm getting ready wake her up and tell her I'll be back for her later," I told him.

"Calm down," Chris told me, "Everything is going to go perfect. The girls will be here soon and they'll be able to keep her occupied."

"They don't know what's happening do they?" I asked him curiously afraid that either him or Brandon had let my plan slip.

"Nope. No one knows except the guys," Chris answered, "And our parents and hers."

"Why am I so nervous? I've never been this nervous before," I asked my brother sincerely.

"Because this will be the first day of the rest of your life. Whether you like it or not tomorrow your world will be different. Tomorrow you're first priority will be Andy," Chris explained, "It won't just be you anymore. And I know it hasn't been just you for a long time, but starting tomorrow you'll be unified. Just take a few minutes, calm down, and breathe before you wake her up. If you get all nervous she's going to know something's up and she's going to worry."

"Calm down and breathe. I got it," I repeated, "I can't breathe."

"Cory! Just calm down," Chris instructed me, "I can't come down there and walk you through this. You have to be able to do this yourself."

I took a deep breath, "I got this."

"Good. Now, go wake up Andy and tell her that you'll be back for her this afternoon," Chris instructed me again, "Tell her you love her and give her a kiss goodbye. Just like always."

"Okay. I'll see you soon," I told him as I hung up the phone.

I gently laid my phone down on the nightstand and sat on the bed next to Andy. This was the last time she would be peacefully sleeping as my girlfriend. The next time I would see her in this state she will be my fiancée, my future wife.

"Andy," I softly whispered, "Andy, wake up."

"What time is it?" Andy asked groggily as she opened her eyes and stretched.

"It's ten in the morning," I smiled, "I've got to go get everything set up. I'll be back for you in a few hours."

"Okay," Andy said as she sat up in the bed, "Do I need to get you anything out for later?"

"Chris has everything there already. All I need when I get back here is you," I told her.

"Alright," she smiled at me, "Be careful. I love you."

"I love you too," I told her as I leaned in and gently kissed her lips.

With that I was up and out the door. My nerves hit me hard while I was driving down the road. All I could smell was the scent of Andy's perfume filling the interior of my car. I don't even know what I would do if Andy said no. I would probably have a nervous breakdown right then and there. I don't know what I will do with my life after that. She can't say no can she? Will she say yes? She has to right?