The #FreeYourShorts 2016

Welcome to the #FreeYourShorts awards hosted by FreeYourBody! FreeYourShorts is an awards contest celebrating the best of short story writers on wattpad

How do I enter? Simply add #FreeYourShorts to the tags of your book. You can enter as many stories as you like with as many chapters as you want. The story must not surpass 4,000 words. Any stories too far past that limit will be disqualified. The story must be completed.

When is the deadline? Submissions are being accepted starting today (March 9 2016) and the deadline is April 15, 11:59 EST. Any stories submitted past the deadline will not be allowed to participate in the competition.

#FreeYourShorts celebrate works from all different genres and this year the award categories are:

Romance: stories which have a main focus on a romance between characters and how that relationship begins and/or reaches conflicts. To become a contender for this category add #romance as well as #FreeYourShorts.

New Adult: stories which involve characters between the ages of 18-30 (college age + further). To become a contender for this category add #newadult as well as #FreeYourShorts.

Young Adult: stories which involve characters between the ages of approx. 14-18 (high school age). To become a contender for this category add #youngadult as well as #FreeYourShorts.

LGBT+: stories which revolve around characters that are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and others involved in the LGBT community. To become a contender for this category add #lgbt as well as #FreeYourShorts.

Historical: stories which are set in a specific time period of the past. To become a contender for this category add #historical as well as #FreeYourShorts.

Horror/Thriller: stories which involve themes that create fear, suspense, mystery or tension. To become a contender for this category add #horrorthriller as well as #FreeYourShorts.

Fantasy: stories which involve characters of supernatural or mythical nature. (Vampires, werewolves, dragons...) To become a contender for this category add #fantasy as well as #FreeYourShorts.

FreeYourBody: stories which involve a character that shows physical diversity (falls under FYB criteria). To become a contender for this category add #freeyourbody as well as #FreeYourShorts.

Note: there will be multiple winners per category.

If your story falls under more than one category, specify the one you wish to win an award in by either placing it within brackets in the description of beside the title.

Thank you to this years group of judges that have taken time out of their schedule to judge the submissions and decide the winners:

claudiaoverhere

stereohearted

hepburnettes

Emslough

taintedrain

sarena_a

foreversmilin

knightsrachel

nonfictionalex

monteiths

xPureChances

Have fun and keep writing!

#FreeYourShorts