FAQ

How many stories can I submit? We have changed the rules to only allowing 2 stories per person otherwise it becomes too much for our judges

How many stories can I submit? We have changed the rules to only allowing 2 stories per person otherwise it becomes too much for our judges. If we find someone submitting more than 2 then you will either be disqualified or we will pick which stories go through.

Can I submit stories within a collection? Yes you can. Just put #FreeYourShorts beside the title of the story and specify the category at the start of the story. You must still add the appropriate tags to your story for it to be found.

If my story is a few hundred words over 4K, will it be disqualified? No, a few here and there is fine but don't deliberately go over.

Can my story enter more than one category? It can be under more than one but you must pick a category you wish to win in and specify that beside the title in brackets.

Does the story have to be #FreeYourBody material? No unless you wish to win the FYB award otherwise only the themes present in your category matter.

To be under Horror/Thriller does the story have to be both? No, just one.

Does the amount of reads affect my chances? No, we have a group of judges picking the winners by assessing the quality of writing, plot, grammar and overall message the story has. Reads make no difference.

Any more questions, place them in the comments and we will get back to you as soon as we can.