Prologue ✿・゚✧

" i was a doll, groomed from the beginning to care and please my master."

* flashback *

It was the early 1970s, a period in time when women's rights were beginning to be accepted, being a born doll your rights were varied- and I was one. Sex was everywhere which summons why dolls were great for pleasing men. Being a doll you were treated the way your master wanted to treat you, fact was if he wanted to starve you, torment you, sell you, or even take your life away.... he may.

I took one last glance at the many dolls lining along the backstage with fiddled fingers and chewed baby pink lips. My heart was increasingly thumping, my ears were numb and I wanted nothing more than to squirm and hide. Once my cue was called, I hiked my knee socks and walked up to the stage.

I could not make out any of the people seated out in the audience. The bright lights overhead nearly blinded me making it impossible to distinguish any buyers. The auctioneer began to state the rules of the bidding and the process of buying the dolls, quiet chatter was heard from the stage but shortly after the auctioneer cleared his throat, he began the bid. The auction was starting off at 1,000.

I was displeased by the fact I was being sold, it was a sickening custom but I had no choice. It had been a common custom since the beginning of the 1930s. "Can we go for 5,000?" The auctioneer shouted through the microphone.

Many important businessmen had their own assistants which had been sent up to examine my features, it was quite uncomfortable when they would twirl me around to get a better look of my figure. Many females can be sold up to 110,000 and it was very rare if a doll went up for more. Dolls varied out on their age, their experience and their innocence of womanhood.

My heart was hammering against my chest as the numbers increased rapidly, "12,000."

Numbers were flying from each corner, numbers like "49,000" and "90,000."

One assistant continued to examine my figure, frequently nodding his head in approval as he jotted down notes on the clipboard he held in his hands. I thought the auction was never going to end, every passing second made my heart swell from anxiety. "130,000."

The man flicked his eyes over toward the crowd and gave a slight nod as he jogged down the stairs leaving me confused and curious. "150,000!"

"150,000, can we go for more?"

A debate of two men out in the crowd continued, each man increasing the number the other selected before.

"1 million!"

Gasps, loud chatter and mumbles filled the room as the auctioneer tried to hush the audience. The auctioneer asked if any bidder would like to bid higher and it was going to be the last call. Not until then the auctioneer knocked his gavel in the podium and announced the final bid. A chorus of "oh lord's" escaped everyone's lips as a roar of claps sounded the room.

I was hurried off the stage for the next doll as I disappeared to the dressing room. I was mentally repeating the number. One million. One million. One million.

Was I really worth such money?

I couldn't grasp the number, and I could hardly fathom the fact that I was just sold to a complete stranger that might just be the murderer of my death some time soon.

Clarence, my doll groomer, stood forth was a huge grin plastered on her red shiny lips. Her lashes in clumps from 'Tears of joy,' which she supposedly calls it.

"Oh C'mere sweetheart." Clarence chirped as she brought out her arms and engulfed me in a tight hug.

Clarence and I never got along, which made this very awkward for me. "Mr. Styles will be here very soon, freshen up, freshen up!" She shooed me away toward the mirror with enthusiasm.

Many of the dolls in the dressing looked at me with envy, with hate and disgust. Some began to whisper to each other, holding their stares as I looked at them through the mirror. There was a slight knock at the door, "come in!" Clarence hollered.

Two huge men wearing suits walked in, examining the room until they turned their heads and gave an approving nod to the figure standing a couple feet behind them. The men stepped aside as an English man walked forward. He had brown chestnut hair that hung low just a couple inches below his shoulders, pink heart shaped lips that looked very soft and plump, and a pair of tight slacks, black blazer, and buttoned shirt covering his very tall figure. His forest eyes skimmed through the dolls until they landed on me, a smirk beginning to form his lips.

"Just want to make sure," he said, as he began to examine each and every doll. He took his time, examining each doll carefully, humming himself in approval then tsking when he did not approve.

Was this going to be my master?

______________________

Authors note: heyo babes! Hope that you enjoyed this short prologue of dollhouse. As you can see this dates back to a different era, it's totally different from possessive but still has a dominant Harry in it ;) anyways please vote and comment!!!

Much love,
J