Just Like You

"Daddy, Daddy!" Five year old Neil ran into the bedroom dressed in his royal blue three-piece suit.

"Hey there, bud!" Ant swept Neil into his arms and planted a whopping kiss on his forehead, earning him a frown from his son. He then set Neil back on his feet. "Sorry 'bout that. Just fancied a cuddle. Now, where's your little brother?"

"Dad is helping him dress up downstairs." Just as he said that, Haydn came zooming into the room dressed in an identical suit as Neil's. He hurtles past his brother and aims for Ant, hugging him at the waist.

Letting out a small "oof," Ant reciprocates the hug. "Hello, matey. Youse all dressed up?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh yeah? Step back for Daddy, so I can get a good look at youse." Haydn does as he was told and takes a few steps back from Ant. "Wow, look at you! Spitting image of your dad!"

"How about me, Daddy?" Neil pipes up.

"Spitting image of me, of course!" Ant smiles. He gets on his knees and opens up his warms, motioning for another cuddle. "Come here, my handsome lads!"

Both boys happily jumped into their father's arms. Smiling faces turned into disgusted ones as Ant started bombarding kisses on their cheeks. After some protest, Ant stopped his attack and laughed as both boys wiped his kisses off in an exaggerated manner.

Feeling they've wiped off all their father's kisses, the two lads stood in front of their kneeling father. Ant then placed a hand on each of the boys' shoulder. "Okay, lads. Today is an important day: your Dad and I are finally getting married! So you two have to be in your best behavior for me and Dad, eh?"

"Okay!" The boys answered in unison.

"Good!" Ant lightly clapped both boys in the back before standing up. "Now, I've got to finish getting ready. Haydn, can you fetch Daddy's tie from the bathroom?"

Haydn disappeared to the bathroom. As quickly as he had disappeared, Haydn was soon back in the bedroom with the tie in his hand. Haydn was about to give Ant his tie when he tripped over his own feet and fell on the ground.

"Fuck!" Haydn huffed as he got back onto his feet.

Taken aback, Ant and Neil stood there staring at Haydn, who acted as if he hadn't said anything bad.

The oblivious boy walked over to Ant and gave him his tie. "Here you go, Daddy."

Ant took the tie and continued to stare at Haydn. The little boy plonked onto his parents' bed before he noticed the staring faces. "What?" Haydn innocently asked.

Neil looked at Ant. "Daddy, he said-"

"Yeah, I know what Haydn said," Ant cut in. "Neil, be a good lad and call Daddy up. Tell him we need to talk. Also, stay with Nana and Grandma downstairs. Me and Daddy need to have a serious talk with Haydn."

Neil nodded and exited the bedroom, the sound of his small footsteps getting softer as he made his way down the hallway. Not long after, heavier footsteps could be heard approaching the bedroom.

Dec walked in with a worried look on his face. "What's wrong, Ant? Neil said we need to have a serious talk." Noticing their younger son was in the room with them, Dec walked over to Ant and whispered to him. "You're not getting cold feet, are you? Please tell me you're not!"

"Calm down, Decs! I'm not getting cold feet, I just want to talk to youse about sommat this lil one said a while ago."

"Oh thank God! Neil said 'serious' and me head just got ahead of me." Dec sighed in relief. "Anyway, what did Haydn say?"