Sneak Peek

After hours of rehearsals and styling, we are finally on stage, in front of the millions of fans who have shown up for our concert here in Los Angeles. Harry and Zayn are already flirtling their arse off with the girls who are putting their hands up for them to touch. Whilst Louis and Liam are searching the crowds for El and Lexi. No doubt, those two boys are completely whipped. The boys are obviously pumped up and ready for another mind blowing performance tonight.

But not me.

The shock still hasn't worn out.

A few hours ago, I was reminiscing all the memories I had with her. All the fun times we had, the adventures we had taken and the happiness she brought to my life. Including the pain. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would meet her again. Never did I expect her to be within a ten mile radius from me.

But here she is. Standing next to Lou, right in front of the stage with her arms crossed and a wide smile plastered across her face. She looks at me happily and gives me a thumbs-up. I force back a smile.

How can she do this? How can she pretend as if nothing happened a year ago? How can my heart break all over again, just by the sight of her angelic face?

"Good evening Los Angeles!" Harry says, breaking me out of my thoughts. The audience responds with loud screams. "How are you all doing tonight?" he asks. The audience scream even louder, causing my ears to hurt like crazy. I am never going to get used to their screams.

"For our first song tonight, we are going to sing a song from our second album, titled Summer Love." Zayn tells the audience with a flirtatious smile playing on his lips. He takes his place up front and center, whilst me and the other boys take our positions on stage.

I completely zone out whilst Zayn is singing his part. Here I am again, back to my deep thinking.

I had written this song a year ago, when I had come back from Ireland after summer. Once I had finished writing this song, the boys loved it and I did too. After all, it was all about the summer I had with the one girl who I fell in love with so easily without her even trying.

We hadn't sung this song in quite a while. And now, hearing its lyrics and the meaning behind every words I've written, feels like daggers being thrown in my heart.

Yes, the girl who inspired me to write this song is in the audience - listening to every word and note and watching our every move. She may be here with a wide smile on her face, but I know that her heart is millions of miles away from my reach.

I feel someone elbow me on my side. I break out of my thoughts and look to my side to see who had elbowed me. It was Zayn. He's standing by my side with a worried expression on his face. "Are you okay, lad?" he asks, whispering in case the audience hears.

I nod in reply, realizing that Harry is about to finish his part. I walk up to the front and start singing the chorus.

Cause you were mine for the Summer

Now we know its nearly over

Feels like snow in September

But I always will remember

You were my Summer love

You always will be my Summer love

I find myself staring into her eyes whilst I sing. Her smile has faded and has been replaced with a small frown. Pain and sadness are evident in her eyes. Clearly, she knows who this song is for. She understands the message that the song is trying to convey. She knows that I had fallen deeply in love with her.

Scarlet Heatherton.

Her name will forever be in my heart.

She's my summer love, and she always will be.

-:-:-:-:-:-

There goes the sneak peek!

I hope you guys liked it and I hope it made you feel even more excited to read this story! I will post the first chapter once I'm done with "Last First Kiss".

In the meantime, please continue reading and showering your love on "Last First Kiss".

Comment down below what you thought about the sneek peek. I read every single comment!

Katie :) x