18 - secret's out

Third persons POV

"What do you mean you won't be coming with us to dinner!?" Taehyung practically shouts as they make their way to the hotel to check in and get out of their damp, sandy clothes and ready for dinner.

"Sorry Tae, I have something else planned for Yoongi and I tonight" Jungkook explains, and Yoongi looks at him confused.

"And Why am I only just hearing this?" Yoongi asks jokingly and Jungkook blushes, like he always does.

"I kind of wanted it to be a surprise..." He says, quietly and Yoongi feels his heart flutter at the adorable boy standing next to him. His adorable boy. His boyfriend.

It still didn't feel real.

It's true. Yoongi had thought that all the kisses and touches, and sweet memories they had shared over the last few weeks meant they were already together. It embarrassed him, that he had so easily assumed they were official. But Jungkook had assured him that his mistake was 'absolutely adorable' and so Yoongi didn't feel quite so stupid.

You couldn't really blame him though. Him and Jungkook were so close already, and everything was so easy, that he had assumed they were already a couple. But, he was knew to dating boys, and he guessed that the awkward 'will you be my boyfriend' talk still had to happen, even between him and jungkook.

However, it still felt surreal hearing Jungkook ask him to be his boyfriend. He didn't think hearing the words come from the younger boys lips would affect him so much, but it was the single best thing that had ever happened to him.

Things like this didn't happen to Yoongi. His life was boring, and sad, and he was living in constant fear. At least thats what Yoongi had once thought. Now that he was with Jungkook, he felt alive, and happy and in love.

And Yoongi was over the moon.

———

Later that evening, Yoongi and Jungkook made their way from the hotel to go to their dinner. The hotel was lovely. Yoongi couldn't believe his friends had paid for all this for him, and he was really grateful. Jungkook and himself were sharing a room, which was obviously a plus.

After showering and freshening up, the two were on their way to the 'secret location' of their date, Jungkook not telling Yoongi, wanting it to be a surprise.

Yoongi certainly was surprised. The location of the date was back at the beach, only this time, there was a huge blanket, candles scattered around it and a basket that Yoongi could only issue was full of food. Yoongi was in awe at how beautiful it looked, with the sun setting over the water, the small waves crashing against the shore.

And then there was Jungkook, the most beautiful sight of all. The sunset glow lighting up his pale skin and the wind blowing through his soft black hair.

Could Jungkook get any more perfect.

"D-do you like it?" Jungkook asked nervously, and Yoongi smiled at the boy. '

"It's perfect Kookie. I love it." Yoongi answers, and Jungkooks eyes widen in relief. "But how did you set it all up?"

"Oh, Jimin and Hoseok stayed behind to set it up for me so I could keep it a surprise. We have to thank them later!" Jungkook explains, smiling at the thought of his kind friends. "Now c'mon, lets sit and eat, I made sandwiches."

The date was better than amazing. Jungkook had made sandwiches and cupcakes and had even brought wine and plastic cups.

"I've never had wine from a plastic cup before" Yoongi admits, while biting into a sandwich and watching jungkooks pink lips on his cup of wine.

"Really?" Jungkook replies. "You haven't lived. What did you do in high school?" Jungkook asks and Yoongi sighs.

"I slept, read books and studied. Oh and went out with Jin every now and then."

Jungkook giggled, and smiled at the boy.

"But we never had wine in red cups. This is a first. And I'm glad its with you kookie..." Yoongi finishes, kissing him on the cheek.

They sit and eat in peace, the ocean air in their hair and sandwiches in their hands. As the sun set, they talked about everything, and it was amazing. Until the topic of Jungkooks parents came up.

"So when am I going to meet your parents? I mean we've been living together for months, and I haven't met them yet!" Yoongi asks, finishing his cup of wine and turning to Jungkook who was biting his lip. Yoongi frowned, something was bothering the younger boy.

"Whats up? Did I say something wrong?" Yoongi asks, and Jungkook sighs.

"My parents..." He begins slowly, fiddling with his sleeves. "They don't exactly like who I am." Jungkook lets out with a sigh.

"What do you mean?" Yoongi asks, honestly lost.

"I mean... They don't like my sexual preference." He explains slowly, frowning slightly. "They don't like that I'm gay." Jungkook confesses, and Yoongi cant ignore the tear slipping from his eye, wiping it away with his thumb.

And then, to both boys surprise, Jungkook starts crying, explaining everything.

He explained how he had told his parents that he liked a boy in his class, how his dad yelled at him for being 'sinful' and 'disgusting' and how his mother stood back, watching it all, shaking her head at him in disgust.

He told Yoongi how they had kicked him out, saying 'no homo will be living under our roof' and how he had called Taehyung crying, only to have Namjoon pick up the phone, and take him to his place.

He told Yoongi how they had cut him out of their lives, declining his calls and pretending not to be home when he visited.

And most of all, he cried, in both sadness, and relief, glad to have the weight of his secret lifted off his shoulders. Yoongi hugged him tight, kissing the tears away and whispered comforting words into his ear.

Yoongi wasn't expecting such an answer. And he felt terrible. He hated that someone as kind, gentle and caring as Jungkook had to go through such hardship, and he hated himself even more for bringing up such a sore topic for the boy.

"I'm sorry Jungkookie." Yoongi says after a while, when the younger boy had finally stopped crying. "I ruined everything didn't I?"

"No Yoongi. You didn't ruin a thing." Jungkook is quick to reply, sniffling a little bit. "It's was a relief to tell you that, if I'm honest. I loved every bit of tonight. Even telling you that. Because I want you to know all my secrets." Jungkook admitted.

"And I'm glad you opened up to me." Yoongi says, giving the boy a comforting squeeze. "Thank you for tonight. It was wonderful."

"Thats ok. Happy birthday Yoongi. Such as it was."

"It was perfect. Thank you so much kookie." Yoongi replies, and kisses the younger on the cheek. "Now lets go back to the hotel, I think we could both use some sleep."

------

A/N:

Ok I'm sorry. This chapter was pretty much a fail, and it was a little sad, and I feel like I shouldn't leave you guys on a sad note and ugh...

But I just had to update because ITS YOONGI'S BIRTHDAY!!!

So happy birthday to my favourite, sassy, squishy rapper!! I love you so much!

AND ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 5K!!! I am so happy!! <3

Also, I know I said smut may be in this chapter, but I made a mistake... oops. Its actually in the next chapter.

But if I get lots of love for this chapter, I might be tempted to update sooner... hmmmm

Love you all,

- B xx