8 - Stars

They were staring at the seashore for an hour already. The waves were pretty high and Mi Rae could feel the water brush against her feet before it went back down. She smiled, enjoying the cool breeze. "It's so beautiful," she said in awe. "What?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"The scenery and the sunset. Everything," she replied. She sighed with disappointment and she internally wished this moment could last forever.

     It felt special to her that Jungkook was around and she felt much more comfortable around him than she does with others. Mi Rae tugged on the cardigan she was wearing. She was slightly shivering from the cold wind. Jungkook placed his arm around waist, pressing her against him for warmth. She placed her head on his shoulder and hugged him.

After a couple of minutes just standing there, Jungkook grabbed her hand and said, "let's go over there."

Mi Rae followed Jungkook to a grassy area with a tree. She leaned against the tree. "Wait here for a minute. Don't go anywhere," Jungkook said. Mi Rae nodded in response. Jungkook ran off quickly to somewhere nearby. She smiled at him running off into the distance and after a couple of minutes, he returned with multiple objects in his hand.

He placed everything down onto the ground first and then opened up a polka dot picnic blanket.

Jungkook laid it on the ground next to the tree. "Sit down," he told Mi Rae. She did as he said and watched as he fumbled around. He placed a huge basket in front of them. "What is this for?" She asked. His cheeks turned pink a bit, hesitating to answer her question. "It's...um...for our date," he answered, looking down at the ground with embarrassment. Mi Rae blushed and looked away. "Okay," she timidly said before playing with her fingers.

Jungkook laughed awkwardly before passing her a carbonated drink and taking one for himself also. "Thanks," she murmured.

She opened the cap and took a sip of the soda. After a moment of silence, Mi Rae spoke up. "I really hope that I'll be able to stand up against my father and my mother, but I don't know if I'll be able to. I'll probably resort to running away. Even though I get abused by them, they're the only people I have beside me," she hugged her legs close to her chest. "I don't want to be alone and left out there by myself. Eventually I will, but I don't know if I'm ready right now. To be honest, everyday when I come back home from school, I wish that they'll become like the parents I once knew of."

     "I wish they were the parents that once smiled with me and played with me in the park. That's all I ever really wanted. Happiness. But when they abused me, I felt so sad and horrified. My dad would beat me up and I never knew how he became that way. That's why I don't do something about that situation. I know it's wrong for a family member to abuse their own children, but they're all I have," Mi Rae continued.

     Jungkook patted her back as she cried silently. "I just wish that we were one whole happy family," she said with despair.

     "You can do what you want. You can choose to stay with them, run away, or fight back. Do what you think is right. Follow what your heart thinks is right. To me, that's all that matters," he smiled and kissed her forehead.

     "Thanks," she muttered.

     "Thanks for what?"

     "Thanks for staying by my side this whole time and for not leaving me like how my friends did. I wish this day could last forever. Whenever I'm with you, I feel more comfortable than I am around others. You always find a way to make me smile and for me to be happy. I just wish that I could be with you forever," Mi Rae looked into Jungkook's eyes.

     He felt pained when he heard Mi Rae's sincere words. He felt so disappointed in himself. I'm so sorry, Mi Rae, he thought.

"You promise you won't leave me?" She asked. Jungkook bit his lip before saying, "I promise." Mi Rae smiled, glad that he promised that he wouldn't leave her. She took another sip from her soda and stared out into the open.

    After a few hours of chatting and sitting by the tree, it was night already. Time had passed quickly. They placed the blanket away from the tree and laid down on it. They stared at the endless amounts of stars, covering the night sky. Jungkook and Mi Rae stared in awe. "The view here is really beautiful," Mi Rae rested her hands on her stomach.

     "Which star stands out the most for you?" Jungkook asked.

     [A/N: HOSHI HUEHUEHUE]

     "I think that one stands out the most. It shines more than the others and is bigger that even sometimes I feel envious," Mi Rae laughed to herself. "Well, I think the stars that are hidden in the night sky stands out to me the most. Although they're timid and don't stand out as much to some people, they are just as beautiful as the others," Jungkook stared at Mi Rae. She nodded, agreeing with his statement.

     She yawned and felt her eyes slowly getting tired. "Go to sleep, Mi Rae. I'll be right here by your side," Jungkook ran his fingers through her hair. He muttered something after Mi Rae fell asleep.

     Goodbye.

-

Mi Rae

     I felt that pain again.

     The same pain I was in before Jungkook saved me.

     It felt as if I was engulfed in water and I was slowly being sucked into unconsciousness. I can barely move my own body. I couldn't breath and was deprived of air. There was a tug on my arm. I felt someone pull me up from the surface and place me on the ground.

     Water coughed out of my mouth and onto the tiles of the school swimming area. My eyesight slowly gained control and was no longer blurry. "Are you okay?" A voice asked me. I was unable to reply due to the continue of me choking from being underwater too long. I looked at the person who's staring at me as I lay on the ground.

     It was the school security guard.

     "Miss, are you okay?" He asked again. I nodded and stood up. He handed me a towel and I wrapped it around my body as I shivered from the cold. I furrowed my eyebrows as something ticked in my mind.

     Something's wrong.

~

YAY CHAPTER AND UM HOSHI HUEHUEHUE. My friend's probably going to be like oh my god Flora. hehe. BUT YEAH NEXT CHAP WILL PROBABLY BE THE LAST. AND THEN THERE WILL BE AN EPILOGUE. THERE WILL BE NO SEQUEL. IM SORRY I KNOW IM MEAN, BUT IM FAB AF.

From your author,
Flora Lee

P.S. HOSHI HUEHUEHUE