voices

Toby's POV

I sat up in bed, yet again at an ungodly hour. My head swirled as I was lost in my own world. I listened to the voices in my head yell at me like my father used to do.

"WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!"

I flinched when I remembered how his open palm came down and collided with my tear stained cheek. I felt sick. He was right... "Who'd love a failure like me..?" I muttered as I chuckled to myself. I felt my eyes well with salty tears.

I shook my head and wiped them away with the back of my hand. My throat felt dry and my head pounded, I stumbled out of bed and made my way to the kitchen. The light of the refrigerator blinded me as I reached in for a bottle of water.

"Hey.."

I jump when I hear a crackling familiar voice behind me.

"SHIT!"
I curse loudly when I drop my water bottle and it lands on my foot. I covered my mouth with a tint of red dusting my cheeks. (Not dem cheeks ಠ_ಠ)
"Sorry..!" I whisper yell trying to keep my voice down, careful not to wake the others. I picked up my water and closed the fridge.

I turned around to see Tims messy black hair and magnificent sideburns I must add, his eyes had a tired, calmed look to them. I slightly smiled as he yawned. He was...maybe..okay definitely attractive in my opinion.

"What are you doing up this late..?" He questioned me with a quizzical look.

"I should ask the same thing to you.."

He shrugged, "insomnia." He stated simply. "Your turn, tell me why you're up."

I stared at him for a second. Millions of excuses rushing through my head. "I was thirsty.." I stated lightly shaking the water bottle I had in my hand.

He nodded in understanding. "Well you better get to bed kid its pretty late."

"Only if you do the same.."

He held his hands up in surrender, "okay fine.."

"Goodnight Masky.." I mumbled as I began walking back to my room.

"Night, tobester.."

I sat on the edge of my bed as I sipped my water. My head soon became engulfed in memories. I twitched violently, in the process I dropped my water. I muttered curse words under my breath as I reluctantly cleaned it up. I laid back in bed, and sank into the warm soft blankets and pillows. I let my mind drift and wonder on several thoughts. Tim crossed my mind and my face flushed when I imagined him.

"His adorable floppy hair, his dark brown eyes, and his strong posture, and who could forget those sideburns...-- WAIT WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING!? HES LIKE-- 3-4 YEARS OLDER THAN ME!! then again...nononononono stahhhp!!! Buuut...he is pretty good looking..."

I argued with myself for several minutes until I came up with the possible cause of my odd thought, "I...I like Tim... I-I like, like tim...possibly love him..huh..."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Sorry its a short chapter, its a bit of a beginning for me.