Lone Night

WARNING: This story contains graphic violence and mentions of suicide. Proceed at your own risk

They were never this empty. Papers flew though the dark streets. They were usually bustling with life during the early hours of the night. But it was completely silent. The street lights were on, casting yellow shines throughout the town. Cold air brushed past you as you stared down the desolate road. The pavement was cracked in certain places, but there was nothing that could lead to a crash. You continued to walk to your house, but you couldn't help but feel slightly different. The feeling was a mix of uneasiness, dread and fear. But maybe you were just paranoid. Until you heard a groan. You turned toward the groan and was surprised to see a woman. Her back was turned to you and black hair was matted and knotted. She wore pink pajamas but they were stained with red. She continued to limp down the sidewalk. It looked like she had a broken ankle, because you were pretty sure a foot wasn't made to bend that way. You immediately froze, but pushing your fear down, you spoke up. "U-um..ma'am?" You called out to her and she must of heard because she stopped. She let out a gurgling noise and slowly turned her head in your direction. Her face was covered in scratches and blood. It looked as if she was hit with a train. She limped a bit in your direction. She let out another grunt noise and then she slowly formed a sentence. "Have...you seen my...baby...?" You froze up again. You didn't know what to say. Slowly, you put your hand up and pointed to the park next to you. "O-over there.." Slowly she turned and started to walk in that direction until she was out of your view. You decided to run as far away from that area as possible, in fear that she might come back. Until you heard a scream. "SHES NOT HERE!" You couldn't remember anything after that, but your neighbors said you passed out on the spot.

In 2007 a 33 year old woman jumped from her apartment complex, dying on the spot. A divorce caused her to lose custody of her 2 year old daughter, leading her to commit suicide. After that incident, she has been seen walking the apartment complex in the outfit that she died in. Her pink pajamas.