Chapter 20

The ray of sunlight shone on my eyes, and I had no choice to open them up.

I lifted my head up, and looked to my right, as the memories flowed back in. 

I was sleeping on Legolas's shoulder the whole night..

His eyes were peacefully closed, with his head tilted to one side, his blonde hair falling gracefully from his scalp.

Suddenly, a horn was sounded from the west. A calling, for us.

Legolas fluttered his eyes open, and looked at that direction.

'I guess that they are calling us' He said, and got up.

'I suppose' I muttered in agreement, and got up too.

'I'll see you later then' He finished off with a dazzling smile, before turning his back.

'Wait!' I exclaimed, and grasp his shoulder lightly.

He turned around, with a questioning look. 'Yes...?'

'Thank you....' I said. 'For last night'

His blue- eyes formed a little twinkle. 'Not a problem'

He then turned his back, and scurried off running, his feet as light as air.

I had this strange feeling in me, as if that guilt was no longer there. In fact, I felt a new strength growing in me.

'You overcame your sadness, my child' A motherly-voice whispered.

I jolted my head up to the sky, and could nearly picture my mother looking down, smiling as widely as ever.

'Thank you, Mother' I whispered, and clenched my fist, more ready than ever for the journey ahead of me.

All of us loaded our things and other necessary items on the boat, which had swan carvings on them.

'Aren't you hungry, Sapphire?' Boromir asked, his voice a little muffled, since he was eating lembas bread.

I shook my head, unable to remember the last time since I had a proper meal.

'I guess a little wouldn't hurt' I admitted, and received a little from Boromir.

'It's actually quite good' I added quietly.

'Both of you' Aragorn called.

Both of us averted our eyes towards him.

'Celeborn and Galadriel wish to give us some gifts' He said, answering to our questions.

I nodded solemnly, and followed Aragorn's lead.

Since Gandalf's passing, Aragorn was made the leader of the group, since he was the heir of Isildur and, he's quite the leader type.

I accepted the badge grudgingly, for safety and recognitions among the fellowship.

I took a step back, as it was my turn to receive my gift.

'I know you do not take a liking to me' Galadriel said. 'But I have something that might interest you'

I frowned, refusing to acknowledge the effort she was making to be friends with me.

She took a crystal amulet from her sleeve, and placed it into my palm.

'Wait a minute...' I choked out.

She nodded. 'Yes, this was made by your mother's crystal. It contains all of her powers, and now, it's in your disposal. Be mindful, that nobody has control over these, and it might erupt at your most emotional time'

I nodded understandingly.

'Thank you, Galadriel' I said sincerely, finally opening up to her a little.

She held out her hand, and I shook it, finally recognizing her as a friend, and my rival.