The Disease Center

Hanah and I were on our way to the disease center when we heard another truck. I look in the rear view mirror and see an old ginger with a shotgun. I tried to dodge the bullets but I couldn't. The bullets pelted into the metal of the semi truck.
I slam on the breaks and bash into the crazed man.
He flied off the road and crashed into blackberry bushes.

"That was close," I told Hannah.

We showed up into the vacant lab parking lot. I took out a flashlight from under the seat of the semi-truck. It was dark, glass shards were everywhere.
We went into the lab with caution. It was a disaster, computers were not workings and most of them were on the ground. It looked like an earthquake happened.

We heard shuffling in the janitors closet. I open the door slowly and look inside. There was a young woman that looked in her 20's. She looked scared and discombobulated, her blond hair was in knots. I ask her if she was okay, but all she did was stare at me.
"It's okay I told I'm not here to hurt you," I said. I thought she might say something but she stayed completely quiet. She finally said something, it was faint but I could make out the words.

"They destroyed the lab," She coughed

I could tell she was still in shock. I ask her what her name is, but she said nothing.Then I heard a noise come out of her mouth.

"What happened? I've been hiding in this closet for over a week. Do you have any idea of what happened to everyone?" she muttered.

"I don't know what happened to them. I still need to know your name Miss, besides what have you been eating this whole time?" I asked.

She told me "My name is Holly, and before the outbreak got bad I broke into the vending machine and gathered all I could."

I heard a truck pull into the parking lot.

I told Holly "Come with us, we will have a better chance of surviving if we stick together."

"Sorry it was short but I had nothing else to write about in this chapter."
The next chapter will be a lot longer. :)