Chapter 6 - Blaze

Once the cyclone of wind stopped, I untensed my muscles and opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was Elise's dumbfounded expression. I smiled and rushed over to her and gripped her tightly into a bear hug. I was glad I did not just pass through her again. That whole deal was really playing with my emotions, making me happy one minute and ruining everything the next. I rubbed her back and breathed in the scent of her. She smelled of fresh Jasmine with a hint of vanilla and chocolate. I loved it. It was her scent. I kissed her neck and pulled away to look at her. She smiled back at me, and I couldn't help it. I leaned in to kiss her. Before our lips met, I was wrenched backwards and pushed into a chair. I looked up, and above me stood a dark clothed fairy. She was looking at me angrily.

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"You are my problem right now," she replied. I furrowed my brows and cocked my head, confused. The fairy sighed in frustration and walked away. Elise came over and stood by the chair. I reached for her hand and, when I found it, squeezed it lightly. She squeezed back and pulled her hand out of my grasp. She looked at me apologetically, and then walked over to the people in the chairs at the front of the room. They looked at her for a moment. Then they looked back at me. She said something to the fairy, who nodded and spoke to the man sitting in the middle chair in a foreign language I didn't understand. The man nodded and looked back at Elise. He motioned her forward. Elise stepped up to the table and the man pushed a button. A second later, a big glass dome came down around them. I watched as they talked, inaudibly, for what seemed like forever. Finally, the man nodded and raised the glass dome. Elise smiled slightly and walked over to me. She took my hand and squeezed it lightly, as I had done with her hand. She held my hand as the man in the center chair started to speak.

"Blaise, is it?" he asked.

"Uh, yes?" I coughed and more professionally said, "Yes, sir, that would be me."

"I understand that you and Elise have... fallen in love? Well, Blaise, we have a strict set of rules here that state-"

"Sorry to interrupt, sir, but I already know about the rules. I found this when Elise was swept up by the same wind that brought me here. I have read it front to back. I know what the law says, and, forgive me when I say this, but I think it's stupid. I don't think this is fair. And the punishment is just cruel and unusual!"

"Funny. I was just about to say that we were going to give you a chance to prove that this could work. But if you don't want that-"

"No! I mean, yes, I do want that, but I was just saying-"

"I know what you were saying, Blaise."

With that, the whirlwind sucked Elise and me away and we ended up in the basement again. I looked at Elise confused, and she explained to me that we had three days to prove that a supernatural and a human could be together. If it worked out, then on the fourth day, they would bring her back to life. If not, she would have to pay the price for her actions. I nodded, and got up and kissed her.

"We better get working on that, then." She nodded. I kissed her again and we walked upstairs.

To be continued...