7. Two in the Morning

"Your bra is hanging off the bathroom doorknob." Lydia points with her spoon before digging back into her cereal. The flustered brunette blushes, silently thanking her while grabbing the undergarment and quickly leaving.

Everything had gone back to normal after that day in the woods. The insults and the smirks and most definitely the girls. Speaking of. Stiles shuffles tiredly out of his room with a yawn as Lydia slurps on the milk in her bowl loudly enough to grab his attention.
"She had a nice rack." He mumbles an excuse, reaching for a box of froot-loops on the top shelf.

"I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong. She was rather flat chested." Lydia says through a mouthful of cereal. This was their usual game. For about a week now every girl that came around they would sit down and dissect by features concluding that every single one would most likely not be returning.

"Yeah well you should've seen the way they–" he stops short, making a boob grabbing notion with his hands and Lydia nearly choked on her breakfast.
"That is more than disgusting." She coughs earning a cackle from Stiles.

"By the way you owe me new headphones. I had to use my shitty ones and I could hear her calling you Stephen..." Lydia recalls the day he broke her noise cancelling one's by putting them in the washer. "Why was she calling you Stephen?" Besides the fact that both names started with 'St' there was nothing fairly similar about the two.

Stiles Shrugs. "I called her Bridget."
"What? Why?"
"I don't really know. I've always had a thing for girls named Bridget." He sits down next to her on the couch as she scoffs.
"You tend to have a thing for girls period." Lydia turns on the tv and sinks further into the cushions.

The day really hadn't progressed much farther than that conversation on the couch. They were both silent in their actions with small snickers or smirks and quiet insults. When it came time to go to class, Lydia went in early while Stiles arrived late as usual. With her headphones broken, Lydia usually ended up walking to Mr.Hales class when Stiles had a guest.

She'd listen to the professor with an open mind and wide eyes, everything he said grabbing attention in her mind in fascinating ways. On Friday nights it had become a regular thing to put in a movie, Stiles arguing for Star Wars but Lydia usually won with a chick flick.

He'd trip her when passing her in the campus courtyard or "accidentally" put her shorts in the dryer in an attempt to make them shorter and smaller. Rarely did the two ever actually get along. It could be fighting over toppings on pizza or the answer to a calculus problem but they were always in a storm of bickering.

There were certain things they admired about each other though.

Lydia enjoyed the way Stiles hair would dry curly after a shower or the way he would grin when he knew he was right. He would tease her with absurd nicknames but her favorite was "Lyds."

"Lyds you've been in the shower for thirty minutes!"
"God dammit, Lyds, you took the last soda!"
Even when she had accidentally walked in on one of his pre-sex make outs, she adored the way it fell from his freshly kissed lips. "Kinda busy at the moment, Lyds."

Stiles, on the other hand, liked more of the physical things. Like when she wore tank tops that hugged her curves or the way her hips would sway when she strolled into the living room. The one thing he absolutely adored though was when she would try not to smile and a little dimple would stand out on her cheek. She'd brush past him, the scent of strawberries permanently embedded in his mind.

It was a Saturday and Stiles had gone out to slut it up at some chicks house because her parents wouldn't be home for a couple of hours. Nearing two in the morning, destroying the kitchen suddenly seemed like a good idea. Aka, homemade brownies. Flour and cocoa had been spilled over the countertop as Lydia worked on her fourth batch of baked goods; the first one burnt, the second one undercooked, and the third she had forgotten to grease the pan.

"Cause it's nine in the afternoon! And Your eyes are the size of the moon!" Lydia yells into a batter covered spoon, the messy bun atop her head wobbling almost in a dangerous fashion. She was almost positive that the other students in their complex could hear her but who the hell cares? A drop of chocolate lands on her nose and she giddily wipes it off with her finger before putting it in her mouth with a satisfied hum.

Stiles was exhausted completely, upon climbing up the stairs to the apartment. He figured that the music had been coming from a neighboring room but he was pleasantly satisfied when unlocking the front door. There stood Lydia in the middle of the kitchen with cotton shorts and a pale yellow tank top on, singing loudly to one of his favorite bands.

The small space smelt of burnt chocolate and pumpkin candles and she didn't even hear him close the door as a smile crept across his lips.
"Back to the street, down to our feet. Losing the feeling of feeling unique. Do you know what I mean?" Lydia bounces slightly to the beat.

The brownies suddenly intrigued him as much as the girl. He shuffles into the kitchen, pressing his chest to her back while reaching around her body to dip a finger in the bowl of batter. Lydia shrieks, quickly pausing the music as he taste tests her work with laughter.

"I'll have to admit, your taste in music is significantly better than half the clothes you choose to wear everyday." He says through a smirky grin. Lydia's eyes meet the floor with a blush as he cleans the batter bowl spotless. Suddenly she realized how late...well...early it was, a tiny kitten yawn making its way past her lips. Quickly explaining how she would clean u peer mess tomorrow, she says her goodnight before embarrassingly locking herself in her room.

Stiles was all too aware of how silently the apartment was without her presence. With tired eyes, he digs a beer out of the fridge and pops the top of the can while making his way back to his own room. The next week would not be a pleasant one for him. Might as well start getting drunk a day early.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

YUH SHOUTOUT TO DYLBERRY FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS CHAPTER CAUSE I HAD MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK AND SHE MY HOME GURL.... Yeah I'm awkward....
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe