34

"Are you sure this would work?" Angela spoke inside the pile of clothing and grocery supply. She clutched the baby in her tummy. While squeezing themselves inside the shopping cart.

They got each other's names earlier and tried to work out the whole plan.

"Newt, are you sure this would work?" She looked up repeating the question and addressing someone in specific. The piece of bra covering her eyes, slid.

He didn't know the answer. She was sure of it. All he did was nod. Forcing a smile while adding another piece of clothing to completely seal her inside. "We'll try our very best to get you two shanks to that bloody station."

Skylar placed her hand on the cart and gave it a light push. Making sure this would play it cool. "I have something to ask."

"Do the cranks, I mean the other cranks, know if you're a munie or..." She was asking for their protection. And obviously hers also. "and how will they know? Can they smell if a munie is near or do they have this weird sensor?"

"Some of them. Not most. They just know it okay. Also it's pretty obvious to tell if someone is Immune. There are two kinds ." Angela said it as if she was giving an enumeration answer key.

"And what are those two ?" I need this if I want to stay a little bit longer in this game.

On the corner of her eye, there was Newt. He was facing the broken window which was giving him his reflection. She saw his face falling when he and the person inside the mirror met.

Hair filled with boils and incorporated with dirt, skin filled with rashes and scattered with bruise, clothes barely hanging on his skeletal figure, teeth chipped, and his face was painted with his grape eye.

That wasn't the worst scenario. It was what he was looking inside of him was. A crushed spirit? All the terrors he had seen? Lies and False hope?

"There are two kinds of munies" Angela further explained. "Munies that hide. They don't go out facing everything instead they seek their shelter and hide there forever. Once they saw a crank it's moving time, without much moving. They're afraid of what might happen next. The second one is what me and this kid are currently doing. Munies who ran. They get out from their comfort zones and they find something, blend-in, which is rarely to happen, or attack. They are running from something that will never stop chasing them and there's even no point anymore. What happens if they don't continue? If they do what else? And cranks could tell that."

She paused for a moment. That gave her a hard time to think. Was I a munie who hides or the one who rans? I ran. I'm being chased by a haunted pass and I'm just trying to keep this guy alive and sane. But in reality there's no point anymore. I was hiding. Hiding from him. Hiding everything I know and everything I am from him. I know it's not yet the time but suddenly this is giving me a guilty feeling.

"I see" Newt came back and placed his hands on the shopping cart. She saw him catching his breath.

"Let's roll." He made a quick recovery before trailing off and pushing the cart out of Mister Gabby's.

"Play it cool" Skylar addressed them as they step inside the department store. Play it cool.

There was no riot or any shenanigans happening inside. Like her bestfriend was here. The tension. The feeling that someone is always been watching you ready to jump and drag you.

The whole place was scattered with clothes that are tossed everywhere. Mannequins broken down and their body parts were twisted. Jewelry were gone.

Wow. You can take away people's minds but you cannot take away greediness and lust. I mean what else are they going to do with all the jewelry. What's the point? She stopped when she realized that she was sounding like there's no hope anymore.