Mutated gorilla

A/N: I really started to enjoy writing this story. It makes me feel close to Lexa again. That little fucker Jason thought he could take her away from us. NEVER.

It turns out that following Clarke around is not such a good idea. Because I was there, with Finn and Murphy, when the shooting rampage was going on they consider me guilty as well. Not with words as much as with glaring eyes.

We're standing around a very large table. There's a replica of Mount Weather on the table and everyone's looking at it, trying to find a way in. The Grounders are yelling. They're aggressive and they want to get in right away. But Clarke is trying to reason with them. I'm standing between Clarke and the commander. She has no war paint on and she looks so much younger than she did a day before.

A warrior, Quint, is constantly arguing against Clarke's plans. They might be slower but they're more thought through and would work better.

"We've lost our friends too," I speak, probably for the first time during that meeting and I immediately regret it when Quint takes a step closer, narrowing his eyes down at me.

"We've lost thousands. How many have you lost, little girl?"

Clarke grabs my arm and pulls me away from the table. Grounders continue to argue about their army and how much they want to use it. "I don't care how many men you have, if you can't get to your enemy you can't win."

Quint slams his fists against the table, making me flinch. "You are the enemy!"

"I'm sorry have I done something to offend you?" Clarke asks, turning towards him.

He huffs. "You burned my brother alive in the ring of fire."

I release a shaky breath, remembering all the burnt bodies near the dropship days later after everyone disappeared. Clarke is unfazed though, stepping in his personal space. "He shouldn't have attacked my ship."

"You're very brave under the commander's protection aren't you?" Quint whispers harshly and Major Byrne is walking around them and I reach underneath my jacket for my short sword. I don't pull it out yet, just waiting.

But then the commander speaks and Quint steps away from Clarke, looking unpleased and even angrier. Then he says something in Trigedasleng with so much hatred that I can feel my stomach turn. Before I'm aware of what's happening, I pull out my sword and hold it against his throat. His chin raises. "You've got a problem with us?"

"Talia, stop," Clarke says, trying to pull me away but I don't budge. 

I'm too angry now. Not even when I was taking in solitude on the Ark was I this mad. But Quint laughs in my face. "You're just a weak little girl."

I knee him where it hurts the most.

"Stop!" the commander yells. "If we wish to save our people we must work together. Fighting will lead to another war. One that you can't win."

I put my sword away and turn around. 

"Excuse me, I need some air," Clarke excuses herself and drags me with her. I groan and yank my arm free from hers. "Are you crazy? Did you really just threaten a Grounder with their commander two feet away from you?"

I shrug but a smile finds its way on my lips.

"This isn't funny. We need to be careful. The Grounders already don't trust us. Or like us. We're only tolerated because of the commander. Don't mess that up," Clarke says and we start hiking into the woods to clear our heads.

As we walk up the hill I confess something. "I got so angry at him. I don't know what he said but there was so much hate in his words. I'm worried that Lexa, the commander, is going to agree with them and break the alliance."