Hey Babe Chapter 7

Chapter 7 ( Toni)

“Make yourself at home.”  Jane led me closer to a velvet sofa and starts positioning me with deep stares. I could feel her breathing on my forehead as she made me sit comfortably.

“Do I have to give that Titanic pose or something?” I giggled. Well, that sofa reminds of that classic movie I once fell in love with when I was a hopeless romantic back in grade school.  Jane’s response was reserved.  Okay, I should shut my mouth now.

“You just want your face?” She asked.

I nodded with a smile, pretending not to want to my whole body sketched. If I came to this room with a formal invitation, I would want my curves imprinted like a real model.

Jane started drawing in silence. Although the air-con was on, I could still feel huge droplets of sweat rolling from my forehead down to my temple.  I quickly wiped it with my hands whenever Jane navigates her focus to her sketchpad.

“Aren’t you comfortable?”

Who wouldn’t be comfortable in my position? Head firmed, arms stiffed and feet glued on the floor.  Still, I smiled and shook my head.  I had to lie or she might think that I am the most difficult person to deal with, or rather I say, a complete bitch. Barging in her territory was already a huge annoyance, what more for a demand, right?

Jane then smiled as she went back to her work. My eyes searched for a clock. They both found it hanging on a wall just behind her. I tried to see the time at about 10 feet away, my sight a little blurred.  “Oh damn it”, I cursed silently as my search was pointless.

Jane, distracted, smiled and gave out a sigh.

“You can move if you want to.” She grinned.

“Oh god, I thought I’d die any time soon.” I let loose from the rigged position and started doing stretches.

“You’ve only been there for 5 minutes, Ms. Smith.” Her eyes laughing at a brat like me.

“Well, that seemed forever. So do you want me to pose again?” I responded in embarrassment.

Jane laughed out loud, shocking me.

“It’s alright; I have your face outlined...” She paused for awhile, a little hesitant. I watched her think in that few seconds and felt her lips went dry.

“I have your face outlined in my head, so give me a minute and your portrait’s done.” She continued.

 Did she just say, “your face outlined in my head”? This quiet young lady sure knows how to make women electrify.  I quickly hid my excitement.