Chapter 14

I try to make a sound but not even a whisper comes out. The only thing I remember is falling. Falling from heaven in this deep hell. No escape. No return. The snow is eating me alive. I can't help but think of the things I know about snow. It's cold. It's  white. Simon loves it. Simon. 

I feel arms around me as they pull me right into the light. The cold sunlight from winter is painfull and I put my eyes closely togheter so only the slightest light can come trough. There is no time to get used to the sunlight before I can already see the darkness running towards me. Sebastian grabs my hand and I forget everything. The pain in my legs. The dying lungs. The heart that is beating so fast that it could explode. I run run run. I don't look back, nor does Sebastian. 

Something cuts me and I feel my cheek bleeding. Arrows. The Powermen who betrayed me and my father are now cutting me with arrows. Sebastian doesn't care he just runs faster. I'm lucky that the darkness filled me with strength when I was in the deep cold snow. I needed it. I need it now. 

I hear The Powermen, the ones closed friends of my father screaming behind me. I can't understand it. It looks like a different language. A language I don't know. A language I don't understand. I want to scream too but I won't. I have to keep quite and run.

Still holding Sebastian's hand in mine I run trough the forest. No one will stop me. No one can stop me. I feel like flying and soaring back to heaven again. Back to the place I once called home. Back to safe and sound. 

''There!'' Sebastian yells as he points to something that's slightly coming closer towards us. No, we're coming closer towards it. A building on an open space. Humans are no where to be seen. It seems like it's abandoned but I keep running towards it. For the first time my heart and my head are telling me the same thing what to do. My eyes sparkle as I can see us coming closer. I can almost touch it when Sebastian grabs me and holds his arms around me.

''This is not the time to hug me, Iceboy.'' I say escaping from his arms. ''They're gone.'' Sebastian says as he looks at me. A bright smile curls onto his lips and he puts me up and  twists me around. I can't help but laugh. ''What are you doing?'' I ask as he still holdes me into the air. ''Celebrating our first victory.'' He smiles at me and put me down. I hold my head a little askew. ''Do you always celebrate by twisting girls in the air?'' I ask. ''If it's a beautifull girl, yes.'' Sebastian says as he gives me a wink. I roll my eyes with the smile still onto my face.

I turn around and touch the walls of the building. It's clean white, pure as white can be. And it's huge. There could live a whole army up here. ''Is this the underground, where your people live?'' I ask turning my head to Sebastian. He smiles and looks at the building. He nods. I can see the little sparkles of proudness in his eyes. ''We made it.'' He says with a deep sigh. ''Now we only need to knock.'' 

My eyes are filled with relief, hope and disbelief. Is this journey really over, or is this just the beginning? I watch Sebastian knock on the door. I count how many times. 5 times, each on a different place. The door opens automatically and we look inside. I didn't saw anything besides a small dot of light in the middle of the room. Sebastian steps inside and I follow. He walks straight to the small dot of light and touches it gently. It opens a door hidden by the darkness. Suddenly  a world that I didn't knew excited appeared before me. 

People are staring at us and drop whatever they're holding. They look at me like I'm an alien. Weird and unknown. Then they see Sebastian behind me and they all smile and laugh. Sebastian pushes me further into this world I don't know. There are childs running towards Sebastian and holding his legs. There are people coming towards him from every side and each gave him a hug. He must be very loved here. I think as I look at Sebastian with all the people around him. He smiles brightly, glad that he's home. He looks at me as I stand all alone. He kneels down and says something to the little children. Their faces light up an they all smile and make wondered gasps. They turn towards me and hug me just like they did Sebastian a few moments ago. I laugh and hug them back. I feel someone pulling at my clothes. I kneel down so I face the little girl who was tugging at my shirt. She helds out her little hand and folds it behind my ear. ''Are you really Sebastian's girlfriend?'' She whispers into my ear. I feel fire running behind my cheeks and ears. ''Why do you think that?'' I say quickly with an awkward laugh. ''He told me.'' She simply says and put her hand behind my ear again. ''Don't worry, I won't tell the others.'' She whispers and runs back to the other kids again. 

I shake my head to Sebastian as he puts his hands up as a sign he didn't say anything. But I can see the sparkle in his eyes as he lies as he himself is still a child. I roll my eyes and he laughs and put his arms around me. ''Don't you dare.'' I say to him but I can't help but smiling. In a long time I felt like I was welcome again.

Someone stands up from the little sofa by the fireplace and walkes towards me and Sebastian. ''Simon!'' I almost scream as I run towards him. He puts his warm arms around me and I feel myself melting away in his arms. ''You're here.'' I say as I pull him closer towards me. ''I'll always be here.'' He says squeezing me a bit so I barely can't breathe. But that doesn't matter. All that matters now is that Simon is safe, with me, here. 

''I told her you were here but she wouldn't listen.'' Sebastian says as he comes towards us and gives some kind of handshake to Simon. It seems like they practiced it a lot. Fist a high five, then a box and as a big finish they put their thums togheter and give eachother a manly hug. I watch them in disbelief. Simon and Sebastian, friends? When did that happen? I raise my eyebrows as a sign to explain their friendship to me. They laugh and look at eachother. Simon shrugs as Sebastian just laughs. 

We're togheter again. The Stag, The Ice and The Girl. A girl brought us hot chocolate with some marshmallows in them. Simon turns his head towards me. ''Since we're all back again I want to hear what happened when I was gone.'' Sebastian and I look at eachother and Sebastian gives me a nod. ''Rose, you get the honour.'' He says with a smile to me. 

We talked the whole evening telling or journey and Simon listens deeply. He says some things too about this place. Of the people he already met. Then a loud clock lets us know that it's time to go to bed. We say our goodbye's, and see you tomorrow's as we each walk to our different rooms. I had no time to look around as I fell onto the bed and felt myself slip away into my dreams.

Hi, maybe you noticed that with some chapters I add a song. I would love it if you would listen to that song while you read the chapter. I had it on repeat as I wrote the chapter so some elements from the song may come in the chapter. 

If you liked this chapter and my story, please give it a vote and tell me what you think about it by leaving a comment. 

Love, Femke