Chapter 5: Bloody Night

***********
Valeri's PoV
***********

I am currently walking back to the hospital carrying the groceries I bought. I am certain that they are very hungry, so I bought a lot. While waiting for the train, I noticed two men in Green hoods looking at me closely. They are sitting on the nearby bench. I've been feeling like they are following me for a while now, even when I bought things at the store earlier. I ignored them at first, thinking it might just be a coincidence since we are heading to the same place. But now, I have a strong suspicion about them. Suddenly, my heart started pounding, as if something bad is about to happen.

I got this headache again. I see flashes again.

Are they holding someone captive?

Unaware of them, a woman stands there, holding another unconscious woman.

I also saw a man who seems familiar to me. I know him, he's...

I woke up, startled by a man and he's wearing a weird purple hood. I attempted to discern the features of this man, but from the opposite perspective. I have a sensation that I may already know him.

"Are you okay?" The guy in purple hood asked me gently.

"Yeah, thank you," I replied, still a bit dazed.

"For a moment, I thought you were in real pain," the guy in purple hood said, surprising me.

"What do you mean?" I asked cautiously.

"You were moaning and crying out in pain," he explained.

"Really?" I asked again feeling a bit disoriented.

He nodded. "Yes"

I pondered if I react that way whenever I have a headache.

Still somewhat dazed, I continued walking, carrying the groceries. I noticed the man still following me. I looked around nervously and saw the two men following as well. I started to panic, feeling a sense of danger.

I quickened my pace, but they kept pursuing me. Overwhelmed by fear and anxiety, I began to run.

I tried to believe they were not after me, but I realized they were indeed chasing me. I ran until I reached the outside corridor of the train station and hid there, my heart pounding intensely.

I had no memory of any conflict with anyone. If there's anyone I had a problem with, it would only be me. I hope I can survive this situation.

From a distance, I heard their voices saying, "Don't give up, keep finding him!"

Upon hearing that, fear surged through me, and I lost consciousness when something struck my head.

I woke up in a dimly lit room, surprised by what I saw.

I didn't expect to see this.

Aunt Maeve?

Tears welled up in my eyes as I felt weak and helpless, seeing her smiling face as if enjoying our misery.

To my surprise, Avery was beside her.

"What's the meaning of this?" I asked weakly, trying to break free from her tight grip.

Gradually, he strolled closer to me, swaying his hips as he approached. When he drew near, he gently leaned his face toward mine.

"Forgive me, Valeri. I know you're angry and annoyed because now you know the truth," he said, a smile playing on his lips, almost demonic.

He continued speaking, slowly distancing his face from mine, while on the other side, my anger and resentment were palpable, as if on the verge of exploding.