5.

~May 16,2016~

I wake up from laughter coming from downstairs. I stretch my arms up, feeling more rested than I have in days, or weeks rather. Even after waking up in the middle of the night and staying up for awhile, I still slept more than I have been. I'm sure I will sleep good tonight as well since Kaleb won't be home and I won't have to worry about what kind of mood he will be in when he gets home.

I get up from bed and make my way into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and throw my hair up and change into some jeans and a tanktop. It's only Sunday and I don't plan on doing much when I get home. Probably clean and then read once I'm done. Cleaning will be a lot more enjoyable now that I have music to listen to.

I walk slowly down the stairs, taking in the many family pictures that were hung on the wall.  I see A picture of Anne, Gemma and Harry, all smiling widely for he camera, looking happy.  There was another picture of just Gemma and Harry. They looked so much alike, except for their eye color they looked very similar.  I don't know how I didn't notice all theses pictures last night. I suppose it was the amount of alcohol in my system and how tired I was. This is what a family was suppose to look like, happy and close.  I felt a little jealous but brushed it off, knowing that having a family like this wasn't in my cards.  I stop at a picture of Harry, one where his hair is a little shorter but it still goes to his shoulders.  His smile is contagious and I find myself smiling, gazing at his picture and wondering how someone could be so attractive.  But then again his mother is beautiful and he seems to get a lot of his features from her, from what I could tell anyways, I don't know what his father looks like so I can only guess. 

I pull my gaze away from his picture before someone sees me and thinks I'm weird and follow the voices until I reach the kitchen. I stand in the door way, no one noticing I was there. Gemma stood at the counter with her mother, their backs to me, laughing over something on the stove. There was a man, who I'm guessing is Robin, siting at the kitchen table, he was reading the newspaper and didn't notice me. I've never felt longing for a family like this until now. Gemma turns around just then and jumps a little when she see me. "Maci! You're up! Did you sleep well?" Gemma washes her hands real quick, grabbing a plate and holding it our for me. I step into the kitchen and walk over to the counter, taking the place Gemma held out for me.

"Morning. I slept incredible well actually," I chuckle.

"Good morning dear. Help yourself to some breakfast," Anne greets me, smiling sweetly at me as she fills two plates with food. Gemma and I fill our plates and I follow her over to their breakfast nook. The view was stunning, their back yard was huge. I sat towards the middle to the table, the bench forming a semicircle around the table. Gemma sat next to me at the end of the bench, while her mother sat at the end on the other side of the table, her husband sitting between her and I.

"You must be Maci

"You must be Maci. I'm Robin," I reach over and take the hand he offered, shaking it once before dropping it.

"Nice to meet you."