-TWENTY-TWO-

My father didn't seem to want to tell me anything as he thundered down the hall towards the library. I don't know how, but somehow he knew his way around here.

"Dad. What's going on."

He stopped and turned back to me, his expression unreadable.

"How many times do I have to tell you, shut up and keep walking." I cower as he spits the words out. My father never talked like this to me so something must be wrong. I nod and continue following him.

"You okay?" Zaiden whispers as he wraps an arm around my waist. I nod and bury my head into his bare side.

Dad comes to the doors to the library and nearly kicks them down.

"FRANK!"

There's a set of laughter coming from the back of the room. "I suspected it was you David. It seems you found out your daughter was mated to my son and have come to... discuss the more important matter at hand."

We walk towards the voice and find Alpha Frank to be the source.

"You knew?"

My father-inlaw (to be) nods his head. "Yes I knew. I know everything about your family."

"I thought I did too until yesterday morning when I found out that my daughter was being harbored here."

"Yes, well. Let's get down to business shall we?" The gray haired man picks up a large hard covered book from the corner of the desk he sits at and wipes away the dust. "I was just about to take a second glance at this to... refresh my mind."

He swings open the front cover and more dust flies out filling the air and my lungs. "Where to start David." Frank closes the cover. "Alisa, Zaiden, take a look at this why don't you?" I go to grab the book but Zaiden does it for me.

"Sh*t." He mutters looking at the cover.

"Yes. A big, fat load of bullsh*t. Zaiden, I suggest you take Alisa to your room whilst I invite your mother in and the adults... chat."

Zaiden nods and grabs my hand carefully pulling me to our room.

"What's wrong Zaid? What did it say? Are we in danger? Are we going to die?" I pester him with questions until we get to our room.

He throws the hard cover upsidedown on the bed.

"Alisa, whatever happens in this life we live, I want you to know that I will always love you. No matter what is said I still love you. Don't forget that, okay?"

Confused I nod. Zaiden sits me down on the bed and hands me the book.

Flipping it to its right side I instantly feel nauseous and sick.

THE END OF THE AGE OF THE SHIFTERS

Those eight words are the only ones that cover the maroon coloured covering. Those golden words are the ones of my nightmares.

Upon opening the book I find the contents page.

Shifters... 02
Types of shifters... 15
The end... 59

Several more that don't particually catch my eye until the last three.

Shifters enemies... 104
Hybrids... 192
How Hybrids can save the shifters... 208