Home

YEAR: 1972

Mary returned from the doctors office several hours later with a fractured wrist. When Paul and Mary showed up, half the house was all ready to be moved back to London.

"Hey love," Paul mumbled.
"Yeah?"
"Who's gonna take care of the animals when we're back in London?"
"Uh...Macca, honey, aren't we selling this house?"
"No, Madonna, we're not..."
"Why not?"
"I thought this could be like a vacation house or y'know a little get away when things in the city get really bad or busy,"
"Fine," I sighed, "then who's gonna live here?"
"Doesn't Lin like scenery like this?"
"I guess,"
"Do ye think she'd be willing to move out here?"
"I dunno Paul..."
"Call her...please..."
"Why are ye trying so hard to keep this bloody house?"
"Because Maggie!" He glared at me with glassy eyes before he walked over to me and gave me a tight hug.
"Because what?" I whispered.
"It's the only thing of my mothers I have left..."
"Oh Paulie..." I began rubbing his back and leaving little kisses on his face. "I'm sorry honey pie...we can keep the house...I'm gonna go call Lin,"
"Thank ye..."

I pressed one more kiss onto his forehead before I headed into the living room to call Linda.

"Hello?"
"Hey Lin,"
"Hey Mag. What's up?"
"Paul and I are moving back to London and we need someone to take care of our farm in Scotland. By any chance would ye wanna do it?"
"Why do you always expect me to get up and put my life on hold just to accommodate your needs!"
"Whoa Lin, calm down, I was just asking,"
"I know you're miserable there...why don't you just sell it?"
"Cause Paul doesn't wanna let the house go. His mum bought it and I guess it's the last thing of hers he has...I'm not gonna make him get rid of it,"
"That's so stupid,"
"Lin...what if mum bought this house?"
"Don't!"
"No Lin! This house means a lot to Paul-"
"Then why are you moving if it means so much to him?"
"Cause he knows I hate it here..."
"Wow...are you really that selfish?"
"Excuse you! Mary just got hurt and we wanna move!"
"Wait...Mary got hurt? Is she okay?"
"Yeah, she's fine,"
"So, um...what does the house look like?"
"Why do ye care? Ye already made it very clear that ye don't wanna move out here,"
"Please just...just tell me..."
"Well, we have a few horses, a few sheep, a couple ducks visit our lake every once in a while. The house it a large split level, there a few bay windows, and yeah..."
"Sounds nice. Send me the address in the post and I'll check it out,"
"Are ye sure Lin?"
"Yeah...I'll talk to you later. Bye,"
"Bye, love ye, and thanks,"
"Love you too and you're welcome."

***

About a month later, my family and I moved back to our mansion in London. Mary's wrist was still in a cast as we were moving in. Linda gladly took care of our farm while we were staying in London; surprisingly, she liked it a lot. Before it was revealed that we moved back to the city, Paul released his new Wings album. Of course, as a result of the album, people everywhere went ballistic.

Paul Rises From the Dead! Some articles said.
Missing Beatle Found! A couple local papers stated.

"I miss the farm already," I joked. "It's good to be home," I sighed as I fell onto the couch.
"Yes it is," I smiled as he snuggled with me. "Y'know...the kids are asleep..."
"Yeah?" I smiled.
"Yeah," he smiled back. He began placing little kisses on my neck and collar bones but I quickly stopped him. "What is it?"
"Wouldn't ye rather do this in bed?" I smirked.
"I guess we could," he teased. "Come on love."

***

A couple weeks passed and before we knew it, Apple Scruffs were constantly surrounding the house. Most of the time they were pretty harmless but whenever we had to leave to house, they tried to get through the gate or latch onto the car.

One afternoon, Paul had the day off so he surprised me by cleaning the house and making all the meals. Around noon, he called us into the dining room for lunch.

"Paul," I said as I walked into the kitchen.
"Yeah?" He mumbled as he handed the girls their plates. "Heather, can you bring one to James?"
"Sure,"
"So what's up love?"
"Can ye get me a glass of water?"
"Are ye sure ye don't want any lemonade or juice?" he smiled.
"No," I chuckled, "waters fine,"
"Alright," he handed me a glass.
"Ta,"
"Here," he handed me a plate.
"Peanut butter and jelly? Really? On my day off this is what ye make?"
"Oh sod off and eat it,"
"I'd actually prefer a peanut butter and banana sandwich," I smirked.
"Why?" He laughed. "Ye only ever eat that when..." he trailed off. He dropped the items in his hands and ran over to me; he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a tight hug. "Oh my god," he cried into the crook of my neck.
"We did it Paulie," I began crying as well.
"I love you so much Maggie McCartney," he cried.
"I love ye more Paul McCartney,"
"Not possible,"
"Hey mum," Mary said as she walked into the kitchen.
"Yeah honey?" I said as I dried my eyes.
"Are ye okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine," I chucked.
"Then why are ye crying?"
"Because Mary," I looked to Paul, "we're getting another baby."