Against my will

I woke up at 6:00 like usual and crawled out of my bed and went to my wooden dresser. I got out a white mini skirt and a pink tank top and walked to the bathroom.

The bathroom door was closed so I knocked on it about fifteen times until my brother, Bret, yelled at me to show some existence of life in there.

"Maxie! Do you ever have any respect for my morning routine?" He asked.

That's my brother Bret. Bret is a sophomore in Maple Green High. He is a total jock and all of the cheerleaders love him and would love to screw him. He has dark brown hair and hazel eyes. To put it nicely, He is an arrogant, conceited jerk.

"Yes Bret, I respect it but I am a girl with things I need to do in there." I replied.

"Stop whining Max, go in your room, get dressed and I'll tell you when I'm out." He said.

"No I need to take a shower." I whined.

"Fine go take your shower so that I won't have to smell your filth on the way to school." He said.

"Go to hell." I whispered under my breath and ran into the bathroom and slammed the door before I could find out if he heard it or not.

"Maxie, make it quick." He yelled.

My name is Maxine Cordin. I am fifteen years old and a freshman in high school. I have light brown hair an hazel eyes. I live with my step father, Jon, brothers Bret and Carson and my half sister Janice from my mother and Jon who is just about ten months old.

My father is in prison because... well the only way to describe it is he was an asshole. When he lived with uhe beat my mother and he beat my brothers. He never beat me only because my older brother Carsonwouldn't let him. He is in prison from child abuse and domestic violence. I am happy though because that way he won't ever think of hurting Janice.

As of my mother...She died giving birth to Janice. We all have never been the same since her death and well... we never will be. We live with Jon and he is nice most of the times. He has anger issues and he tried hitting me a few times. Carson told me that he is taking custody of us when he turns eighteen. He doesn't trust Jon with anybody besides Janice.

"I know I will." I replied undressing and getting in the shower.

Ten minutes later I got out and got dressed in my outfit for today. I fixed my make-up and brushed my wavy brown hair into a ponytail.

"I'm ready." I announced as I walked back to my room and got my purse. I walked into the hall only to see very frustrated Carson standing there with a very uptight look on is face.

"What's wrong, Carson?" I asked.

"Change." He said simply; pointing to my bedroom.

"But why? I think it's cute." I said.

"Change." He repeated.

"But.." I began.

"No...change." He said sternly.

I walked in my room and changed into a pair of low-rise jeans with sequence around the pockets.

"Thanks Max." Carson said as I entered the kitchen.

"Your welcome." I said snobbily sitting down across from Jon.

"You look nice, Hon." Jon said.

"I would have looked better in my mini." I commented.

"No you would have gotten in trouble with the school and possibly taken advantage of by some perverted guy." Carson said.

"But you would have rescued me dear brother." I said.