Hey Lady

I stood close to Ben's side as I waited for them to go on stage. Of Mice & Men was just now finishing their set. I hadn't left Ben's side since Tyler found me, not that he would let me go anywhere. He would even follow me to the bathroom. But there had been no sign of Tyler at all. Maybe Tino really did take care of him...

"So, what are you going to do?" Ben asked. I didn't answer. I was to busy listening to Austin and Aaron sing Second & Sebring. 

"Brodie?" Ben said again, I sighed. 

"Ben I don't know what I'm going to do. He said he talked to my brother, maybe I'll start there. But right now I just want to forget about it and watch the show," I said. I leaned against his arm. He sighed, but said nothihg more. I figured starting with my brother would be the best place anyway. But why would he tell Tyler where I was? What did Tyler have that interested my brother?

I sighed and shook my head. I didn't want to think about it right now. I still had to find a way to tell Oli. That in itself would be a chore...

"Thank you all for coming out to the show tongiht! You are all such beautiful and wonderful people! I love you all so much! Stay strong!" Austin called out to the crowd. They all screamed for his name. He gave them all that wonderful smile of his and he walked off stage. His smile instantly disappeared when he saw me. He quikcly rushed over.

"How are you doing?" he asked quietly. 

"I'm alright. There's been no sign of him since Tino scared him off," I said.

"That fucker ain't coming back any time soon," Tino said. I gave them a small smile.

"You're gonna come hang out with us while Danny's on stage," Austin said. My smile quickly disappeared. 

"But I wanted to watch their set," I said. "I watched everyone else."

"But who's going to keep a eye on you?" Ben asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Cassie will be with me. And Matty was going to stay anyway," I said. Ben frowned.

"But Cassie doens't even know what's going on. You haven't exactly told her," he said.

"Told me what?" Cassie's sharp voice asked. I looked sharply at the boys, pleading them to not say anything. Ben rolled his eyes, but stayed quiet.

"Nothing Cass, are you still going to watch the show with me?" I asked. She rolled her eyes. 

"No, actually. Danny just gave us free tickets and back stage passes and I'm not going to see them at all," she snapped. Ben smirked. 

"Sassy one you are," Alan said. 

"Have to when you life with someone like Brodie. Come on, you two, Danny and the rest of the band are looking for you," she said. She grabbed my hand and yanked it towards the stage. Ben had no choice but to follow. I waved good bye to OM&M and quickly followed Cassie.

"Where the hell have you been?" Danny asked as we approached. 

"Taking care of Brodie," Ben said casually. I shot them both a look. Danny seemed to catch it, because he didn't say anything else. 

 "Well it's time to go on, dipshit," he said. He gave me a small nod and walked away. Ben pulled me into a hug.

"Be safe, Brodie," he whispered.

"I'll be standing right there. You'll be able to see me," I said. I reached up and kissed his cheek. Then he quickly walked away.

"What was that about?" Cassie asked. I shrugged.

"You know how Ben is, super protective over the silliest things," I said. I followed the guys to the stage edge. Matty was already standing there. He smiled at us as we approached.

"So, how are things with you and Oli?" he asked. 

"We're working out things," I said. There was no point in lying to everyone. Matty would probably already know.

"You miss him?"

"More than anything," I said quietly. 

"I know how you feel. When I'm away from Brittany, it's like life is meaningless. It get's harder to go on, but you know you have to, for them, you know?" he said quietly. Tears seeped into my eyes. It was hard to remember that band members felt the same way. I glanced up at him. His head was bowed. I reached out and touched his arm. 

"I know," I said quietly. Matty draped his arm around me and pulled me into a hug.

"It doesn't get easier, being away from them. But you gotta go on.  Oli and you will be about together. And when you do, your relaationship will be stronger than ever," he said quietly. I couldn't stop the tears any longer. I only nodded into Matty's shirt. I pulled away and wiped my face. 

"Thank you, Matty. You're a really nice guy," I said.

"Someone's gotta be," he said. 

We said nothing more as we watched the show together. The guys were great. The crowd loved them. I couldn't help but to smile. AA was such an inspirational band, even if they were bunch of party animals. 

Finally, Danny started singing his last song, the new single, The Death of Me, off their upcoming album. The crowd loved it. I was exited to. Ben had told me earlier they were in the porcess of putting out some new songs. I was happy for the band. 

Danny and Ben were the first ones of stage, pratically trampling me. They both pulled me into tight hugs.

"Did you like our new stuff?" Danny asked. I smiled.

"It sounded great! I'm really excited for you guys!" I said. I finally managed to pull away from their tight graps to give the other guys hugs. 

We all walked back to the bus, ready to party before the guys had to leave again. I woulnd't get to see them for a while since it was only the middle of the tour. 

"Hold on, my phone is ringing. You guys start without me," Cassie said suddenly. She pulled out her cell phone and wandered towards the green room. 

"Want me to go with you?" I called.

"No!" she shouted. I watched her quickly disappear. 

"Must be Jona. She woulnd't blow off a party for anyone else," I said. The guys all laughed as we clambered onto the bus.

"It's strange, seeing Cassie this way. She never usually falls this hard for a guy," I said. Cam shrugged.

"Who knows. Jona is a pretty special guy," he said. I nodded as I threw a pair of Danny's boxers off the couch before sitting down. 

"Yeah, he really is. One of the greatest guys I have ever known," I said quietly.