Chapter 3

Grace's POV

I woke up in the morning in the hospital bed. I had on the same clothes I wore the day before. My hair was still in a messy bun. I looked over to the chairs in the room and saw Lexi, she was sleeping in one of the chairs. She stayed here overnight I thought. She's the best friend everyone needs. She's always there for me. I sat up in my bed and yawned in attempt to wake her up. She did because she's a light sleeper.

"Good morning" she said.

"Not exactly" I said referring to the fact that I have to stay with the Dolans, my bullies, the reason I'm here. How did I get here? Whatever Grayson did this he's a jerk.

"Look babygirl, I know it's gonna be hard living with them, but just remember if you need anything, I'm always gonna be here for you. And you can come over whenever you need to get away from them. I promise I wont leave you." Well that lasted about 3 seconds, then the nurse came in.

"Hey girlie you can go home today. And you," she said pointing to Lexi,"you can't be in here, family only this hour."

"Hey babygirl, remember when I said I wouldn't leave you? Yea this doesn't count.....i have to go I'll text you later." She walked out of the room and my mom came in.

"Ready to go Gracie?" She was being nice. A little too nice. My mom has never called me Gracie in my life. I just shook it off.

"Yea, I'm ready" that was a lie. I was scared to move in with the Dolans, all they did was hurt me.

Grayson's POV

I hope Grace is okay, I haven't heard anything yet. I can't believe I did that, I never meant for it to go that far.

"Grayson moms friend is gonna be here soon. She's bringing her daughter." Ethan said snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded and went in the kitchen to get something to eat. I hope she's okay.

Grace's POV

We pulled into the driveway. Here it goes. My mom knocked on the door.

"Oh, shit, honey can you get my purse from the car?" She asked.

"Yea, sure." I said. I heard the door open.

"I thought you said you had a daughter?" Ethan said more as a question. I'm scared to go in there.

"She's coming" my mom said. I grabbed her purse and locked the door. I walked in the house and looked at the floor. I was hoping they didn't recognize me.

"Grayson show Grace to her room please" great, now they know it's me. I put my head up and gave a fake friendly smile to Grayson. He returned it but his didn't look fake. Maybe he's just good at pretending to be happy. Like me.

Grayson's POV

When she smiled at me I returned the smile, not a fake smile, a real one, I'm glad she's okay. "So this is your room" I said opening the door. The room was small but it was perfect for her. She looked scared. I know why, and I feel really bad about it.

Grace's POV

He shut the door. Oh shit he's gonna try again. He came close to me as I backed up. I backed up into the wall, I couldn't go anywhere else he had me cornered. "Please, Grayson, don't hurt me" I pleaded.

"I'm not gonna hurt you okay?" He said. I didn't know if I should believe him or not. "okay"

"I just wanted to start by saying I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that to you. Any of it, really I was careless, stupid, and I really am truly sorry." He flashed me a cheeky smile, "I'm not gonna hurt you anymore. I promise." I believed him. Without warning he leaned in and I felt his soft lips on mine. I didn't kiss back. It didn't feel right. I pulled back. "Grayson, no, I accept your apology but you have a girlfriend and I was just in a coma because of you." Just then the door opened and Ethan came in. Grayson walked out obviously mad.

"Ethan can I ask you something?" I said.

"you just did." I rolled my eyes. "okay what do you want?" He asked.

"I wanna know why, why did you hurt me, say hurtful things to me, and," I paused for a second. "Why did you carry me to the hospital then leave..?"

He looked confused "Well one, I hurt you because I was following in Grayson's footsteps. It killed me to see you like that honestly. Second, i brought you to the hospital because I couldn't stand seeing you there like that any longer, there happy?!" I could tell he was getting mad so I let him leave the room. He slammed the door on the way out.

Ethan's POV

After I walked out I walked right back in and over to Grace. I don't know what happened to me but I put my hand on her cheek and pulled her in and kissed her. Why did I do that? And why did I enjoy it. She kissed back.

Grace's POV

When he kissed me I felt something I never felt before. None of that stupid "fireworks" shit that happens in the movies. I kissed back.

Grayson's POV

I saw Ethan and Grace kiss, she kissed him back. Probably because he saved her, and I broke her. I fucked up bad. I'm gonna get her. Tomorrow at school I'm gonna break up with Hannah, then I'm gonna get Grace.

Ethan's POV

We pulled back and she smiled. God that smile. The first time I've seen it but it's amazing. She's so beautiful. I really like her.

Grace's POV

I definitely felt something. I really like him.

Grayson walked in. He pushed Ethan aside and grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into the closet. He locked the door.

"YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T LIKE ME BUT YOU KISS MY TWIN!?!? WHAT THE HELL GRACE!?!" then he smacked me in the face and left. I held my cheek where he smacked me. Ethan came in and held me in his arms. He carried me to his bed. We were laying on his bed together. I felt safe, secure, happy. He made me feel this way. Then we both fell asleep in each others arms. I want it to be like this all the time.