Prison life

I was sixteen years old whenever I got arrested for killing two twenty year old's, who almost killed my best friend, Jc Caylen. Most of you know him, and if you don't, now you know he's one of my closest best friend's that I have. I know Jc would have done the same exact thing for me if I was in his situation.. Maybe not kill anyone, but I know he would help me out.

Let me explain what happened that night.

It was March 5th 2011, Jc had told me that he was going to one of his old friend's house for some money that they owed him. At first I wasn't that afraid of Jc going by himself for something like that, after all, Jc is three years older than me.

It was at least an hour after he left that I began to worry. I called his cell probably thirteen times before I got in my car and drove to where he told me he was going to get the money. Once I arrived at the destination, I noticed three guys bent over. It was almost pitch black, the only thing that was light was the front pouch light on the trailer and my head lights, In the shadows it looked like they were beating someone up. After I got a good look at the kid they were beating up, and noticed it was jc, I saw pure red afterward.

The only real thing I remember was getting out of my car and walking up toward the crowd, I remember a guy looking at me and then that was it. After I blacked out, I saw Jc standing against that trailer and the two guys on the dirt ground, their blood rush toward my feet.

I quickly moved backward, away from the blood and noticed I was holding a crow bar that had blood splattered at the end of it. Where I got that from I couldn't tell you, simply because I don't remember ever picking it up. Then I looked over at Jc and saw some blood on his cheek and near his eyebrow, he had some cuts on his face as well, from the men beating him, pure fear in his eyes, something I only really saw when there was a spider in the house.

"wh-what happened?!" My voice was shaking like a leaf in the winter, trying not to let go of the dying tree it was living off of. He just shook his head at me, "they're dead Kian.. You fucking killed them." I remember dropped the crow bar and kneeling down toward the men at I murdered, I cried, I cried like a little girl. "I don't even know what happened.. I fucking blacked out, man!" I yelled at my best friend as I felt him grab my shoulder while looking down at the bodies, "you saved my life." He told me as I cried some more, mostly from fear.

From that day on, I was completely afraid of myself.

They sentenced me to ten years in the federal L.A. prison, I didn't cry or anything after they told me that, I haven't cried since I realized I killed those men.

I sat on the bus that took us to the prison, my parents I'm sure we're devastated, along with my brothers and sisters, but I know one good thing I got out of this was the life of my best friend, who knows what could've happened if I hadn't shown up, I don't like to think about it too much. The thought of losing Jc makes me feel lost.

We were chained, our feet and our wrists, we walked off the bus and into the prison, the other inmates were throwing things at us, rocks, food, anything they had their hands on, they threw. I kept my eyes forward, I tried not to show weakness, that's what they like, that's how they use you. I heard mostly laughter and name calling, some men behind me were crying, others pissed themselves, and most of all, I heard prayers.

After the ordination was over, we were brought to our cells. You know, the hole in the wall with the metal bars and one toilet? All the new inmates were completely naked with white powder that had been thrown on us after we were sprayed with a hose that held freezing cold water. All we had brought back to our cells were our new uniforms and a blanket for the night.

Morgan freeman was right, after you hear that last eco of your cell door closing, you realize that this is your home now, not the place you were raised for sixteen years.

Well, that's that, and that's the honest to God truth about the whole crime scene, no one believes me either, the guards and the judge I mean. Most of my cell mates believe me and my family too of course, but that still doesn't make me free.

I thought that for a while, until there was a ripple in the lake I was living in.

"Hey you hear about the kid that got thrown in here last week?" Jimmy always has news on at least one the new inmates. It was breakfast time on July 17th 2016, we were all sitting near jimmy so we could get the scoop on what was going down with the new comers.

"What happened?" I asked smiling after taking a sip of my black coffee, in prison they don't allow sugar or cream, just black, like the color of the soul they think you have. "They say he killed his little brother, something about him not letting him play his brand new game." I shook my head at jimmy's words, "Jesus," "yeah, and you think that's bad? Listen to this-" "LAWLEY!"

I turned my head slowly to see a guard looking in the crowd for whom I'm assuming was me, "yeah?!" I yelled back, I would be lying if I said I was the least scared. "Come on," he told me while moving his hand in a 'hurry up' motion. I nodded my head toward my inmates, letting them know I'd see them later on as I walked toward the guard.

"You made bail." I heard him say as he uncuffed me and handed me my belongs that I came here with, "h-how?" I asked looking down at my things and then up at him, "good behavior." He spoke and handed me back my clothes that I originally came to the prison in with, black ripped skinny jeans and muscle shirt that had the band Metallica on it. "Change and then go, your ride's out front."

"My ride?" I asked while they pushed me into a bathroom.  "Hurry up Lawley! I ain't got all fuckin' day!" He yelled as I undid my pants and quickly changed into my teenage clothes.

The sunlight was different today, maybe because it was summer and not winter, it was very bright. I heard the prison door close behind me and stared straight ahead at a silver car, I walked toward it and looked through the window, "hey," a voice said, that surprisingly wasn't Jc's, instead it was a girl's. She had jet black curly hair and smoky eye shadow, it was very attractive. "Get in, I'll take you home." She spoke with a smile while unlocking the car door.
----------------------------------------------------

Just letting you know, I know how prison works, I know that this would never happen, but I had to make to where Kian would be out of prison by the age he is now.

Also I'm not sure if I like this or not, I might just post this chapter up and forget about the whole story.. Let me know if you want me to continue it or not. 😁