Hunter and Hunted (Boba Fett x Reader)

You slammed your cup down on the counter of the bar in the Cantina and sighed to yourself softly. Another rough week without much pay for it. You had began to question why you were in the business you were in.

"Honey, have you thought about what you wanted to be when you grew up?" Your mother asked you one day as you two were on a walk together.

"Oh I've given it lots of thought. When I grow up, I wanna be a bounty hunter!"

Your mother stopped to look at you and took a breath as she crouched down to your level. "Dear... that's not exactly of a... decent profession-"

"Mother, it's the perfect choice! They work on their own schedule so long as they get the job done, which I will! Because I'm gonna be the greatest bounty hunter whoever lived!"

"Greatest bounty hunter whoever lived" you chuckled to yourself as you downed another drink. As a child you didn't exactly see the complications of being a bounty hunter. First of all, you needed a set of critical skills and equipment to earn you a name to attract employers, none of the above you exactly had. You propped your head up on your hands and shut your eyes before you heard a silenced hush over the Cantina. You opened your eyes and turned around to see what the commotion was. And there he was.

Boba freaking Fett. 'The greatest bounty hunter whoever lived'. You rolled your eyes. You and Boba had run into each other a number of times, often ending with him taking the jobs you had. You had always seen him as a sort of model to work up towards. He had the skills. He had the equipment. And he sure as hell had a name that perhaps everyone in the galaxy knew. He was a frequent visitor of the Cantina so this didn't take you by surprise. You turned back around and stared into your empty cup remembering the first time that you met him.

You were out on a mission to hunt down a thief for a new employer of yours. It was a petty crime, really. Nothing more than a credit scam and a stolen ship that was hardly worth anything. But your employer was insistent, and you needed a job. It had been well over a week now without much luck. Sure, you had managed to find the crook a few times, but he always managed to escape from your capture. You were growing frustrated, and your employer grew even more frustrated.