Ivy Destyx

The Dragon soared above the town, everyone looked up, terrified. It had been years since the legendary beast had plagued their town. What had the people done to displease the gods? Ansley Mathis, daughter of the head of the tribe rushed down the craggy side of the cliff. Under her arm she carried a small figure- a sleeping child, but not an ordinary human child. Quite the contrary, this child was the product of a human and a fire fiend. She was in fact, a Tiefling.

Entering a cave on the side of the cliff, Ansley pulled out a locket. She pressed it against a stone with strange writing on it. The large slab of stone wall moved aside as Ansley paced through. She laid the baby in a cage of rock and bone. The wall in front of her was covered in shelves, upon which rested many vials of poisons, remedies, and magical items.

"Forgive me Navalth, for I have sinned." Ansley whispered as she pulled out a wand from behind several vials. Muttering a few words in an incantation and waving her wand around the baby, the child disappeared and Ansley ran out as the cave began to collapse upon itself.

The Dragon continued to fly over the town, stopping only to grab unfortunate townspeople, devouring them whole. Ansley rushed, holding her dress, making it easier to run. Just as the Dragon dove to grab her a stranger appeared from the smoke, snatched her hand and they both vanished into thin air.
***
"What have you done Ansley? Did you not think I could provide our child protection? I am a god."

"Forgive me. I did not think you would aid us." Ansley replied, her head hung low.

"I am giving you a kingdom, but in time our child will grow to be a strong warrior. She will defeat many evils, tame the dragons to do her will, and you will watch your empire fall into flames because of what you have done. You disregarded my orders, and you will feel my wrath as she burns your happiness."

***
When the child was magiced away, she landed in a grove of fruit trees just outside of a farmhouse. The farmer and his wife took pity on the young tiefling and took her in as their own giving her the name, Ivy.

As soon as her 18th birthday arrived, she was sent into the city for the proper adult training. The instructors, noticing her talent, hastily wrote to her foster parents informing them of her skills in agility, flexibility, and fighting. Not only were her skills in those fields exceptional, but so was her gift of persuasiveness. Excited with the news of their foster daughter, the farmer and his wife decided to send her to a special academy which furthered those skills. To graduate from this new training, Ivy was sent out on a mission to capture the fearsome Red Dragon.

She tracked the Dragon for miles, until finally she came upon its lair. Drawing her sword she approached the entrance to the cave with caution. However, before she had even walked ten paces a fiend stepped from the shadows of the cave and stood at the entrance. Ivy stopped, dead in her tracks. This fiend... She had seen it before. Never had she been so close, however. It had always watched out for her in her childhood and here it was again.

"Ivy." The thing spoke. "I am Navalth, god of fire, magic, and dragons. This quest you have been sent on is foolishness. Your path is not the path that the humans you grew up with have carved for you. You are a tiefling. Make your own road. Before you stands a kingdom, the kingdom of your mother. The one who bore you and sent you away. She sits on a throne, battles my men, and orders her soldiers to kill every dragon born. As of today you have two choices, aid her in destroying the dragons, or lead an army of dragons that you will train against her. Make your father proud."

Ivy blinked and for a moment couldn't say anything."Who is my father?" She could not help but ask.

"I am." He whispered and as smoke flies through the air, he vanished.