~Chapter One~

"WHAT?!" My voice is coated with shock blending in with anger and my face scribbled with confusion. I'm already late for school and my parents decide to tell me the news now.

Good job, parents! (Hint: Sarcasm intended).

My mum sighs before repeating what she said earlier. Right now, I'm in the dining room having my breakfast.

Well, was. The cereal is all soggy and wet now.

"Social services from Angelic Care Home called last week. They informed us that there are kids in their care who are lonely and need our help." She sighs again, obviously remembering what happened about three years back. "Your father and I decided to bring a girl or a boy of around your age. The age was our choice and we picked either a sixteen year old or a seventeen year old. The home will pick the gender for us. We will soon be called in either today or tomorrow, more likely to be today."

I managed to smile. A bit.

Okay, yes, my parents, well actually my mum, has a job of caring for kids. She is a foster mum. Obviously, I'm her real child but she offers her- I mean our- home to the less fortunate.

You'd think 'O.M.G that is so cool!' or 'That sounds like fun!' or 'I wish my mum was a foster parent!', but no. Scrub those filthy thoughts out of your head.

I'm already getting used to it, but the new kids steal my bedroom, my bathroom, all my favourite candies and belongings. The worst thing is that my mum always takes their side.

Yeah, I know, it sucks balls.

My dad's job is an English teacher. He actually teaches at my school, St Sanjoes. Fortunately, he teaches the grade below us, 10th grade.

Still sucks though having your father walking in the same school as you everyday.

"Honey, it's best if we continue this discussion after school. We are running quite late." He pecks my mum's cheek and signals me to finish getting ready.

I sigh before leaving hurridly up the stairs to the messy and most unpleasent place in the house.

Hell.

I swang my bedroom door open to scan for my navy jacket.

Honestly, I wouldn't say I'm the best at fashion but at least I know that a navy hoodie would fit well with my ripped denim jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

I grab my favourite air-max shoes and slip my feet in.

"Kait! Speed up a bit, darling!" My dad calls from downstairs.

"I'm done! I'm done!" I pant as I run down the stairs.

He opens the door and I wave quickly at my mum before leaving the house and entering my dad's car. As soon as I sit down, Emily comes running towards us.

Meet Emily, my best friend.

She is currently wearing my all time favourite outfits: a black crop top which reads 'I've got swag since forever', a pair of white ripped jeans and black timberlands to finish the look. As you can guess, Emily is called one of the most hottest girls in our school. She has long black hair which has a hint of brown at the ends, she's half Mozambican and half Brazilian giving her a nice skin tone. Her eyes are light brown that glimmers in the sunlight and her body is to die for. All boys fall for her and she has dated roughly about eight guys.

Lucky Duck.

"I'm sorry!" She apologizes as she steps into the car.

My dad chuckles. He adores Emily. "No problem sweetheart."