Character Breakdown

Nyssa Barbossa. The daughter of Hector Barbossa, even though he doesn't know she exists,she knows he exists. 

Her mother, Ophelia, was a mermaid. A man-eating siren to be exact. She is now much older (Will Turner's age) and is living in the river near Tia Dalma's home, when she gets caught up with pirates and falls in love. 

My mother was out-casted from Whitecap Bay when she fell in love with a human, a pirate, my father. Her sisters felt betrayed that my mother fell in love with what was supposed to be her food. So they kept away from her. Even my Aunt Syrena was forced to ignore her. 

Shortly after my mother was cast out, she found out she was pregnant. She had to tell my father about everything, and since he didn't know she was a mermaid, he got shocked, scared, disgusted.

So he ran. Coward. 

She then went to Tia Dalma's home and drank a potion which allowed her to live on land. She would never have her tail again.

My mother took care of me in a small home, she had to keep me in a pool full of sea water since I was a mermaid and she didn't want me to dry out because I was simply too young to drink the potion.

When I was about 15, my mother died. She left me a letter to go to Whitecap Bay and live there. So I did and I was taught the ways from the other mermaids. My mother taught me to never eat a sailor or a pirate but my sisters (not blood sisters but the other mermaids) taught me that we needed to eat and they didn't know how I survived without the meat of men. 

So I lured sailors and pirates for many years until about a few years ago, when I left Whitecap Bay and moved to a river that led to Tia Dalma's home, aka Calypso. 

She then taught me the correct way of surviving, which was catching fish or eating cattle. Now I am (Will Turner's age) and living happily. I still explore the Caribbean and even finds things at the bottom of the ocean and bring them back to Tia.

The river leads to a waterfall with a small opening underneath it that is a pool inside a cave, so I put my things in there. 

-----------------------------

Nyssa has bright red hair that flows into a faint orange color. Her eyes glow a golden orange. She has pale, porcelain skin.

She has the power to control the elements, has retractable fangs, and a beautiful singing voice that she can manipulate to lure men.

She has a long scaly tail (picture to top) and a matching scaly shell bra.