Chapter Three

Coming home with Taco Bell is always nice. But, coming home with Taco Bell to your mother crying on the couch is not.

Harry stood there in slight shock as Zayn dropped the bag of food he was holding and rushed over to Anne's side. "Honey, what's wrong?"

Anne tried to speak through her choked sobs, "My old friend, Ciara, died today."

Harry looked at the wall beside him. He knew Ciara. Her and his mum had been friends since school. She came down every once in a while from her home in London to visit. She was a successful, fun and happy woman. How could she have died?

Zayn continued to comfort her but Harry felt out of place. Any other day, he and Robert would both try to cheer her up. Harry would snuggle up with her on the couch and Robert would put in her favorite movie. But, these past few years it's never been the same. So, Harry took the bag of food and exited into the kitchen. No one probably noticed. They never did.

He took his food and went upstairs to start on his weekend homework. Missy was sprawled out on his bed sleeping. Harry smiled seeing her stomach gently rise up and lower down. She looked so peaceful. He envied that.

The teen didn't want to wake her but that failed when he took one step into the room and she opened her eyes. "Hey, baby girl," Harry beamed at her as she looked at him with a drowsy look yawning. He took his seat beside her setting his plate on his nightstand, and she meowed softly. As he began petting her softly she started to purr. "I've gotta go get my laptop real quick, babe," he said giving her a quick kiss on the forehead before he went to grab the device.

Just as he was picking it up off the desk his door opened a little bit more. He turned his head to see Zayn standing in the doorway. "Um, I put your mother to bed." Harry nodded. "Also, she's going to be going up to London tomorrow to go stay with your aunt for the funeral."

"So, I take it I'm going to be home alone," Harry said walking back to his bed with his laptop under his arm. Missy was staring at Zayn skeptically. Zayn hadn't been staying here for too long, and she didn't trust anyone but Harry anyway -- and Niall if she was in the mood. She was a sweet cat, but in the end she only showed that weak side to Harry.

"No, I'm going to be staying," the older man said leaning against the door frame.

Harry sat on the bed opening up his laptop with a nod. "Okay, you can leave now," Harry said glancing at him with cold eyes. He then saw something more...dark flash across Zayn's features but it quickly went away as he nodded and closed Harry's door back leaving him and his cat alone once again. "It's okay, he's gone," Harry said stroking her head. He then started on his History report on WWI taking small bites of his almost cold burrito.

This weekend was going to suck.

~

"I'm gonna miss you, baby," Anne said giving Harry a quick hug and a kiss on the forehead. "I'll be back on Monday." Harry lightly nodded with a sleepy look in his eyes; teenagers were not suppose to be up at 8am on a Saturday.

She gave Harry one last look before joining Zayn at the door. They had already loaded everything up before Harry woke up, and were ready to go. She walked out the door and Zayn turned to Harry, "I'll be back soon."

"Sure," the teenager said halfheartedly before turning to go back to his room. He heard the door shut and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He wished Zayn would have just went with his mum. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal. If they didn't want him to be alone he could've stayed with Niall.

But, what's done is done.

Harry crawled back into bed feeling his little Missy jump on the bed and lay on the pillow beside his head.

~

The next time Harry woke up was to a gorgeous smell. Bacon and something else. Harry sat up in his bed looking at the alarm clock on his nightstand with sleep eyes; 10:21am. He found himself crawling out of bed to find out where that fantastic smell was coming from.

Harry walked down stairs noticing Missy's absence at his side. He found himself in the kitchen only to be greeted with his step-father in nothing but low hanging night pants with Missy seated at his feet.

Zayn quickly noticed Harry's presence and gave him a honey dripping smile. "Good morning."

"Morning," Harry grumbled looking at the bacon and pancakes cooking on the stove.

"Want some?" Zayn asked as he began putting the freshly cooked food on a plate.

"Sure," Harry shrugged giving Missy a short glare as she rubbed against Zayn's calfs.

"It's so strange. You give an animal some food and you immediately become their friend," the older man laughed giving Missy a short pat. He then extended his arm to give the plate full of breakfast to the teen.

"Yeah," Harry mumbled taking the plate trying to look everywhere but Zayn's tan, muscular torso. He quickly made his way to the living room sitting on the couch and turning on GSN. He went to eat and soon realized...

"You forgot this," Zayn chuckled making Harry jump. He had a fork in Harry's direction.

"Thanks," the teen gulped taking the fork from Zayn's hands.

The adult gave him a sly wink and walked off leaving Harry to glare at the silverware in his hand.

~

I whad some free time and I really just wanted to watch anime but a little voice in my head was like "nO WRITE ABOUT DADDY ZAYN" so here you go!

Sorry it took so long!

Tori xx