i/glow around images

This tutorial is about how to create a shadow/glow behind an image.

Requested by spiritmist23820

Hope you understand. If you are still not clear you can comment and I will make a video!! :)

 And for making it more easy to understand, I have divided the entire process into two. One is cropping the background of the Image and the next one is creating the glow around it. 

CROPPING THE BACKGROUND

S T E P 1

Open a canvas of any size. And DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE TRANSPARENT BOX. A check/tick will appear if you have selected it.

S T E P 2

Next load the image you want onto the canvas.

S T E P 3

Now click on the magic wand and select the background. Now there will dotted lines around the selected area. Now go to 'EDIT' on the top bar, and click 'CUT'. The selected area will be cut. Note. In case of a complex background; i.e has a lot of colours in it, not a solid single colour, you will have to do the cutting process a multiple times, until you have only the model you want, with the transparent background. 

Now you can save it, or just copy and paste it on your cover. c:

GETTING THE GLOW

  S T E P 1

Now you should load the image onto your cover. Now you can do it in two ways. 

A/Copy and paste the image directly, on the canvas if you have cropped the background only then.

B/ Open the png of the model, that is the model with a transparent background, onto the canvas as a layer. (You can do that by going to the layer tab>open image as a layer)

S T E P 2

Next, go to the layer box, where you can see the layers that are on the cover. There on the bottom of the box, you will be able to see an icon which looks like a rectangle with a star on its corner. (Hope you understood that) Click on it. Now you have to be sure to have the image layer clicked on.

S T E P 3

As soon as you click it, a box will pop up which will have four options namely, 'DROP SHADOW', 'INNER SHADOW', 'OUTER GLOW' and 'INNER GLOW'.

And once again, there are two types of glow possible. 

Type 1 is the glow around the image on only one side, or not totally around.

Type 2 is the glow that is completely around the image, like totally around. 

How to do the type 1?

Click on the 'DROP SHADOW'. You will get sliding bars on the side, namely 'OPACITY', 'DISTANCE', 'SIZE', 'ANGLE' and 'COLOR'. So just choose the colour you want, I usually go with white. And then, set the OPACITY to 100%, DISTANCE namely 6, and SIZE SHOULD BE 0, otherwise it will become a blurred mist.  Now the ANGLE, you can play around with the radius of the circle, which shifts the shadow around the image.

How to do type 2?

Click on the 'OUTER GLOW'. You will get the options, 'OPACITY', 'HARDNESS', 'SIZE' and 'COLOR'. Choose a colour, and like I said, I go with white usually. Next set the OPACITY to 100%, HARDNESS-10, SIZE, SHOULD NOT BE ZERE HERE. You can vary it according to your wish, depending on how much thick you want the glow to be. 

S T E P 4

Click OK.

And there! You must have it. The white glow around your pic just like this:

Well, hopefully you got it! All the best, just keep trying

Well, hopefully you got it! All the best, just keep trying. ^.^ And if you are still not getting it, comment here. I will make a video tutorial then! 

Adieu!