Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Peter Pans perspective

"Stop being so slow, May, let's go!" I laughed as May stuck her tongue out at me as a response. She gets tired a lot due to because she isn't used to having so much to do in a single day yet. As for me, I was meant for a life of adventure.

"Where are we headed to now?" May asked another question. I've learned since she's been here that she has a lot of curiosity.

I grin, grabbing her hands and spinning her around in midair. "Anywhere you wish."

She smiled in response, biting her lip and admiring the sky in thought. "You choose. You know Neverland the best, and anywhere is lovely as long as your there."

Her compliment brightened my eyes with happiness, and my mind searched through and through for the best place to go next.

I gazed towards the fading sun, and a memory flashed into my head. I remembered the first time I took Wendy to the fairies hollow tree. Wendy was so joyful as she saw all of the glittering pixies, and the shining moon glazing down on us. I wanted to see May be that happy.

"I know just the place. Follow me, you'll love it." I grinned, leading the way.

I took May through the usual way to get to the pixie's hollow, and we arrived shortly. May was entrigued when I told her we were there, as I could see by her constant gazing around to discover the magic of why we were there. "Tink's friends." I whispered, referring to the twinkling sounds that could be heard behind the bushes.

I guided her through the bushes with my palm to her lower back, making sure she didn't get plucked by any rouge twigs sticking out of the plants we were passing. I could definitely see better in the dark than her, and I noticed her eyes squinting an amount of times. Being myself, best adventurer of Neverland, I had developed a better skill of seeing in the dark.

However, none of this mattered once we were in sight of Pixie Hollow; a large, dated tree that was home to many fairies of Neverland. The light of their nature provided enough for a blind man's eyes to be able to see the mystical pixies.

I became aware of reality once more, and glanced toward May; only she wasn't there. She had drifted forward to gaze upon the tiny creatures dancing along in the insides of the tree. Fairies always had a habit of dancing, for it was one of their favorite things to do.

As I joined her side, a peculiar thing came upon my thoughts. I counted the number of pixies, and noticed that not many were among us tonight. I made note to discuss this with Tinkerbell soon; but at the moment, I was bonding with May.

"So beautiful." She whispered, her eyes not drifting from the dancing little people.

"I know" I responded with one corner of my mouth curved upward; I hadn't been watching the fairies as I said this.

May hugged her knees as she bent over to look through the small hole. "I've always dreamed of where a fairy lived and what they did during their day. I find them fascinating and had always dreamed of becoming one." She laughed, as though it was a silly thought.

I arose from beside her, and held my hand out to be taken. "They love to dance, and even sing, if provided a reason. Would you like to hear?" Thought it wasn't a question, because I already knew the answer.

She cautiously raised her fingers forward to meet mine, and I swung her delicately forward into a dancing stance. We swayed together in silence, and soon, our little friends began to hater around us in hum.

I kept my gaze focused on May, whose eyes portrayed her nervousness, and at the same time;
Amazement. Her eyes travelled to the pixies that now surrounded us in a well manner, harmonizing a melody fit for our dance.