"Fine"

"Viola.. How are you holding up?" Bonnie ask. She has been sitting on the couch, watching me writing my diary for like the last half an hour.. Jesus. They have all been like that towards Elena and I for like the past week. So I haven't slept in my bed yet, so I haven't really done anything about Meredith downstairs.. So Stefan kicks Damon's butt twenty four second.
"I am fine Bon.. Just fine.." With that I continue writing..
"Dear diary..
Today is just a new day
Today is just another painful day
I don't know how to do this.. I have gotten so used to loosing people.. So use.. Yet I became comfortable, which let to this.. Leon getting killed by Rebekah.. Was the breaking point for me. Elena is feeling the same way, just she is facing herself dying, not someone else. Leon was my everything... And I lost my everything.. Damon is getting closer and closer to Elena, hoping that she somehow will start to love him.
Love doesn't exist.
Violantina.. Please don't do this to yourself..
I am fighting diary, with my life.
I am fighting for something.. One.. That isn't here anymore.
Bye diary - Violantina Alissa Salvatore."
"You're obviously not fine." I burry my head in my hands by the sound of Damon's voice.. No! I don't wanna do this.. Do not do this!
"Damon.. Just.. Leave me alone." Bonnie stand up, quickly sitting down again as Damon sign something to her.
"I won't 'leave you alone' Viola. 'Damon catch me!' Remember?" I smile into my hands, while crying.. That is the most amazing thing Damon have ever said to me.
---- Flashback ----
"Damon, Stefan! Where are we going?" I ask while laughing. Stefan is doing a good job covering my eyes, while Damon is leading me towards something..
"Watch!" Stefan exclaims the second he takes his hands away. The sight is amazing.. Our tree, or so we called it, was covered with candle and in the middle a little blanket. It happens to be my birthday today, the maids remembered, dad didn't, but of course these two used all day doing this for me..
"It's fantastic!" I respond while having tears in my eyes. I am the luckiest 10 year old, ever.
"Start the secrets." Damon say, making me giggle, we always share secrets here, even Damon who is 16 years old. He loves spending time with Stefan and I.. Even though it's mostly me. Whenever Damon is with Stef, I am there too.
"Mr. Lockwood is still singing in the shower.. Or so Jason say." Stefan start. Jason and Stefan are good friends. Friends.. I don't have any of those.
"What did the maids give you for your birthday?" Damon ask. I gladly show them the pendent around my neck.. Mom's.
"What about father? What did he get you?" My smile fades at Stefan's question. My own father either forgot or ignored my birthday.. If only mom.. No.
"Viola.. Forget him. Stefan and I will be here to catch you! For the next 7000 years!" Damon say, sounding very excited by his own words. I hug them both tightly.
"Promise?" I ask, showing my best poppy eyes, making Stefan roll down on his stomach, laughing.
"Promise." Damon responds before we start tickling the already laying down Stefan.
Best birthday so far.
---- Flashback ----
"And if I remember right, 7000 years haven't passed yet." Damon adds at his previous words.
"My true love died Damon.. I have already hit the ground." I respond, still having my head in my hands, hoping he will walk away.
"Hey! If I am the one to catch you, you are so not on the ground." Damon say, like I was offending his catching skills.
"Damon.. I am like you and Stefan.. I am Violantina Alissa Salvatore. Showing pain isn't something we do.." I respond, getting slightly annoyed.
"Yet.. You are not any Salvatore. You are the little sister Viola.. You mean the world to us, even though we are not so good at admitting it.." Damon almost whisper.. Wow, that must have been hard for him. Showing feelings and all?
"I am not 8 anymore! My childhood was a mess, but you guys fixed it, and I am so grateful for that, but then again.. I am a freaking vampire!? My boyfriend is dead!? I am not the little girl who needs to be rescued.. Not now.." I can hear Damon sigh, before leaving the room. Yes. I said that, because it's the truth.
"He is just trying to help Viol." Bonnie say. I take my hands away, not thinking how it will show my tears.
"I know. But they do the same.. They shut people out as well. I just need to be alone." With that I run.. Out of the door, out of the estate, maybe even out of town, I have no idea where I am running to. I just run.
"You are a worthless human being.."
"Lady Violantina? Becoming a real lady? Have you seen her?"
"Sweety.. I love you.. Stay yourself, no.. Matter.. What.."
"Mommy!!! Don't leave me!!! Don't.."
"You know, running away from your problem doesn't exactly fix it." Elena's sweet voice sounds from behind me. I eventually stopped, noticing the church yard.. Went in there, it seemed fitting. I guess..
"Unfortunately my problem.. Isn't really one to fix." Elena sigh, before sitting down next to me. She knows the pain.. Her parents are dead, her friends die 24/7.. Literally.
"I know it doesn't exactly feel that way.. But it can be fixed.. Not the fact that Leon is dead.. But the fact that you feel like you do."
"Elena.. You do not understand.. I never let people in, like never. Here and in Buenos Aires I did.. Making myself an easy target. But the people I let in.. The person I let in.. Died. And Damon.. He chose to be 'fantastic big brother' now. He had like 160 years, and he chose now." I fight with the tears in my eyes, trying to not let them go. This is painful.. Nobody knows this pain.
"Come on.. Let's go back." Elena says, after 2 minutes of complete silence.
"Okay.." I mumble in respond. On the way home, we talk about everything we normally talk about, except boys.. That would be shooting yourself in the foot.
"Give Damon a pass.. He is really trying." Elena add before we enter the house where it's smells like.. Homemade pizza! My favorite food, after blood of course.. My curiosity against who the baker is, drags me towards the kitchen, to find Stefan and Damon desperately trying to make homemade pizza, making  me laugh. Damon's black clothes is covered in flour, while Stefan had taken the chef hat and an apron on. Elena laugh at the sight as well. And almost most importantly.. Damon and Stefan are having fun as well, with each other. Making my smile grow even wider.
I won't forget Leon
Or maybe just for one night.