A King and A Magician

The shining blades slowly settled against the center of the half yellow and half deep blue paper. With a soft sound, they sliced through the thin material, and severed a connection, falling to the floor as they were released from shaking hands.

          The world became a bit less colorful.

          Trembling hands found another paper, one half a vibrant green, the other a prominent purple. The scissors found the center line, and quickly cut through with a flick of a wrist. Another friendship sliced apart.

          They fell from his hands, and the world around him lost even more color, the papers duller and grayer.

          Once bright crimson eyes found one final paper, one half a burning red, and the other a purple. Deftly, the paper was sliced in two, and fluttered to the ground strewn with thousands of white papers.

          More and more color bled away, until everything was white and grey, the papers barely clinging to their color.

          His pale hands fell to his sides, the scissors dangling loosely from his fingertips. Unconsciously, his dull red eyes briefly searched for a pale blue paper lying somewhere around him, only for him to find it was nonexistent.

          The thought vanished from his mind as it became clouded with memories and sorrow, when a soft rustling reached near-deaf ears. He looked up, only to meet eyes with a tall man wearing a top-hat and a tailed black tuxedo. A cane with a gemstone tapped lightly against the ground as the figure strode forward, and his hands were tucked behind his back.

          A pointed index finger silently chided him

          Near-gray crimson eyes meet silvery-gray eyes, and a kind smile spread across the man's face. Large hands reached out, and he settled his own atop the stranger's gloved hands, setting the scissors down.

         Look...

          In a instant, colorful sparkles burst before bright crimson eyes, and a glitter of gold sparkled in his vision. What the...?

          The stranger, head tipped beneath the brim of the hat looked up. A rush of blue specks of light danced at his vision, and his now heterochromatic red-gold eyes locked gazes with brilliant sky blue orbs.

          The smile remained plastered to the man's face, and the breathtaking eyes glimmered with undisguised fondness and silent happiness. The once black suit had become varying shades of blues, and the jewel upon the cane a blue similar to the person's eyes.

          Particles of light akin to stars of every color twirled around them, and he looked behind the man, to see silhouettes of four other people, eyes and hair a color of the rainbow.

          Akashi-cchi is amazing!

          Ryota...

          'Well done, Akashi, n-not that I care...'

          Shintaro...

          'You did well I guess, cap'n...'

          Daiki...

          'Hm...yeah, great game...I'm hungry...'

          Atsushi...

          'We all did great, right, Akashi-kun...?'

          Tetsuya...

          Suddenly, a gust of abnormal wind blew through the void, and Akashi felt the stranger press his broader back against his own as the papers began to flutter away. He looked up, seeing the colors, red, purple, yellow, green and deep blue, grasp hands and walk away on the wind, when he heard an achingly familiar voice.

          "You did great, Akashi-kun."

          He spun around, and watched unable to move as the man, now a boy with sky-blue hair in a Teiko, then Seirin jersey, smiled, and in the blink of an eye, turned into thousands of small blue lights. The stars flew away, and Akashi was left staring into the whiteness of the void.

          When, something caught his eye. A piece of pale blue paper appeared, drifting past him, and was about to be whisked away on another gust on unnatural wind. A form glittered right in front of him, and a small, pale creamy-white hand stretched out to him, accompanied by four other hands, connected to people sparkling before him.

          Let's go, Akashi-cchi!

          We cannot wait for you forever you know.

          Hurry up and get over here!

          Hungry, c'mon Aka-chin, let's eat.

          Come on Akashi-kun, let's play together again...

          Akashi stepped forward, when another hand reached out, a fiery red accompanied by blazing eyes.

          Yeah, what they said, come on over.

         He stretched his hand out, and felt warmth envelop his arm, and he closed his eyes, feeling himself being tugged along gently by those he called teammates and friends. He uttered a final whisper to himself, a smile gracing his face for the first time in a while.

                               Yeah, let's play basketball together again...

A/N: So, yup, the picture hates me. If the image is fuzzy or small, please just tell me. Both images here are by Askiichan on Zerochan.net. Please, if the artist is reading this (highly unlikely) If you wish for me to take them down, do no hesitate. And if the image is fuzzy, i'll try an fix it. Try and get the gist of it, and the story will explain most of it. Huitou jian, minna.