Part 1 - Belgium Grand Prix 2010

Remember that day? The Sunday of the 2010 Belgium Grand Prix where Sebastian Vettel and Jenson Button came into contact at the bus-stop chicane? Well that's where this whole thing began, the bang. The bang which caused this entire situation and all the hi-tech interlaced mess.

Before the bang the two drivers had a pretty solid friendship. They would easily feel comfortable around eachother, like when they would give one another the congratulations hug when both were on the podium. It was always comforting, and Sebastian may have developed a slight crush for his fellow racing driver.

Jenson couldn't deny that his German friend wasn't good looking, because he was and he knew it. Why he found Seb so attractive was unknown, and where this homophobic mindset has come from was again uncertain.

This of course was before the crash.

And the crash caused what some would say bad chemistry between the two. The crash somewhat drew them apart.

As Seb could only kick himself for what he had done, try to apologise for what had happened, Jenson wouldn't accept any of it, not right now at least.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Two Years had passed now and if anything Jenson and Seb's friendship was worse than before.

Nothing was done by either man to revolve there're broken acquaintanceship. Actually, neither had spoke since the accident, they didn't know How to.

But then, at the start of 2012 season, the two had spoke for the very first time in that long two years.

In was in the paddock when the two caught eachother walking in the opposite direction.

Jenson sent Sebastian a smile, which was a little complex due to the lack of communication they have had in recent years. Sebastian sent one back, trying to not to indicate the surprise that had uponed him.

When close enough, Jenson spoke "Hi" he said.

Sebastian could only answer with "Hi" in reply.

Not wanting any awkwardness, Jenson continued "So, you excited about the new season?" he finished before placing a hand to Sebastian's back, tapping slightly.

"Umm, Yes. Pre-season Testing has looked pretty positive and possibly a positive season to come" Seb said.

Jenson smiled back "Glad to hear. We - " but before he could continue Sebastian interrupted him.

He relocated himself in front of the Briton, engaging more speed to prevent Jenson speaking anymore and speaking

. "Jenson, look" he took a breath "I messed up real bad, and I know that and I feel terrible about that and honestly you never really gave me a chance to say sorry so I apologise - " he let himself take away "I'm sorry"

Jenson laughed "Woah, Seb. Take a breath! It's okay" Sebastian wondered what Jenson was referring to as okay. Was it that forgetting to breathe was no longer a casualty or the situation of them two?

"It's okay? What, you mean us?" he was uncertain but pleasantly shocked all the same time.

"I suppose. It was all in the past anyway, most is all forgotten now" Jenson reassured the young German.

"So why have you been ignoring me?" Sebastian said, curiously.

"Well, honest truth, I needed time. But I also thought you hated me for it too, you know, from the way I reacted to the situation, and maybe I was scared we would loose this friendship because I really didn't want that"

Seb let out a sound. Maybe a sigh of relief; this weren't going to turn out as bad as he thought "I didn't want to loose that too" he clarified with a smile .

"Friends?" Jenson asked, holding out a hand to submit Sebastian's answer.

Seb smiled "friends" taking Jenson's hand with his and shaking it.

Then Jenson walked away, but only to leave a wink with his exist. And did that wink just tighten his stomach in a knot, and maybe killed him inside. And when Sebastian was agreeing to their friendship, what he really wanted to do was agree to a relationship, where the two could come closer and engage more with eachother. Love eachother.

That definitely wasn't going to happen anytime soon. He would just have to accept this because this may the closet the two could get.