Part 1

Part 1

“Fuck!” Katherine exclaimed as she threw open her wardrobe doors. “Shit bollocks piss!” She violently flicked through each item that hung in the cupboard. Today was her first date with Dan - the boy she had met at summer in the city. He was really cute and she was so nervous for their date, she woke up late and he was coming to pick her up in twenty minutes and she had nothing to wear. She ran next door into her flatmates bedroom. Alisha was still fast asleep snuggled up with her girlfriend Jenna.

“Lisha, wake up!” Katherine shouted, shaking Alisha violently “GET UP I NEED YOUR CLOTHES!”

Alisha dragged herself out of bed leaving Jenna sound asleep. Half awake and in zombie mode, Alisha went over to her wardrobe and pushed the big sliding door open. She grabbed at a skirt. It was short and navy blue.

“Wear that with your black jumper and some converse.” Alisha mumbled as she crawled back into bed.

Katherine got dressed and used the straighteners to make her hair wavy. She then sat with her bag in the chair nearest the front door and waited to hear the buzz of the flat door bell. At 11:30 Dan arrived.

Katherine and went down to the front door and he was on the doorstep. Dan wore a black skinny jeans, a patchwork type t-shirt and a leather jacket. “Hey, you look great.” Dan said smiling at Katherine, “thanks” she said shyly and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. “Where should we go?” Katherine asked.

“Well I had something in mind” Dan said moving his hand toward Katherine gesturing for her to hold it “it’s this way.” Katherine took Dan’s hand and they walked down the road in to the busy streets of London.

As they walked hand in hand, they talked about how busy they’d both been recently and made general conversation about their mutual love of llamas. Katherine had watched a few of Dan’s videos, she thought he was hilarious but he was even sweeter in real life. She could tell that he was also a bit nervous but they could talk and get along so naturally. All of her youtube fans (the birds of prey) said that she was like a female version of Dan and they all shipped Dantherine but Katherine had always felt weird being shipped with people, however since she saw him that morning, she’d started to ship it too.

After a short tube journey they arrived outside of a normal looking pub, however there was a large group of people standing around outside. Still holding onto Katherine’s hand, Dan led them into the pub and went up to a security guard and said something to him to quietly for Katherine to hear. The Security guard pushed open a door behind him which opened onto a staircase. Dan guided them down the stairs.

“Erm, Dan, where are we going?” Katherine asked. As they reached the bottom of the stairs Dan stopped and turned to Katherine.

“Okay this is going to sound really weird and you’re probably going to think I’m a weirdo but I was really stumped as to what we should do today and it wanted it to be perfect so I watched a couple of your videos to see what kind of stuff you liked doing and in one you mentioned how you like Fall Out Boy. And because of my Radio 1 thing I managed to get up backstage passes for their gig tonight and I also got us into watch their sound check and meet them before the concert.” By this point Katherine’s face had exploded with joy and she beaming from ear to ear. When she’s very happy Katherine has a tendency to cry and grab people to very tight, almost strangling hugs; and right then was no exception. She jumped up and wrapped her arms tightly around Dan’s neck like a boa constrictor as a tear of joy appeared on her cheek.

“OMIGOD THIS IS THE BEST DATE EVER!!” she almost screamed and completely let her inner fangirl out. As she set Dan free he didn’t look scared he also had a broad smile on his face and was so pleased he’d got it right.